Choisys Technology, Inc. is an ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certified and VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Information Technology services provider located outside our nation's capital and in the epicenter of the Government IT industry. Choisys is an information technology infrastructure services provider with offerings in: Systems Engineering, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Video Teleconference Solutions Engineering and Program Management. Our proficiencies are Medical IT Services, Education/Training IT Services and Government IT Services.
Choisys Technology is seeking multiple candidates for a Senior Database Engineer in the Washington, DC area. The position requires a candidate to have a TS/SCI Clearance, with ability to pass a CI polygraph.
- Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management.
- Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.
- Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements.
- Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
- Evaluates, sizes and selects technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases.
- Writes and tunes SQL queries for performance and scalability.
- Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
- Full time work in a SCIF is required, but hours are flexible.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in related field of study with 5 or more years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- TS/SCI with ability to pass a CI polygraph.
- Security+ or other IAT II/III level certification that is currently active.
- Exxpeirence with PostgreSQL or Oracle, PL/pgSQL, PL/SQL or SQL, Database design and implementation (tables, indices, triggers, stored procedures).
- Strong troubleshooting skills (performance analysis/improvements).
- Understanding of or experience implementing Row Level Security and/or cross domain systems.
- Experience with data migrations (Oracle to Postgres) and DB upgrades, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, CI/CD pipelines, AppDynamics, Automated testing (Selenium, Robot Framework), AWS experience (RDS), STIG hardening.
- Scrum master or team lead.
- Current CI poly.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/