Call Center Specialists will be the first point of contact for our customer inquiries. You will work in a highly collaborative environment, where customer execution is our passion. In this role you will process and respond to existing and potential customers inquiries. You will utilize multiple systems to provide information on accounts while answering every call with professionalism, accuracy and a genuine interest in helping our customers resolve any concerns.
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle inbound and outbound calls addressing any questions/concerns.
- Listen to customers needs and provide helpful solutions.
- Guide customers through troubleshooting, navigating the company website, or using company products.
- Review customer accounts as needed.
- Timely adhere to bank policies and procedures, audit and compliance guidelines, and training requirements.
- Provide back-up operational support for branch staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Requires at least two years of experience with customer service. Banking background preferred.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have great listening skills and an empathetic attitude.
- Requires strong organizational skills, the ability to do basic math without assistance, and a keen focus on accuracy and timeliness.
- Requires high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be proficient in basic computer use including Microsoft Office and Outlook with the ability to learn new software programs and use relevant computer programs in a professional setting.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.