At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, our employee-owners, and our community. We are a 100% employee-owned IT strategy and managed services provider and we pride ourselves on providing engineering excellence and superior customer service.
Through our paid internship program, interns gain front-line IT industry experience and real-world business development skills by working on a variety of technical projects with small teams. In addition to tangible, hands-on learning experiences, our program provides mentorship & professional networking opportunities that prepare possible future employee candidates for a successful transition to a career in Information Technology.
- Summer Internship program runs for 13-weeks, May 22nd – August 18th, 2022
- Our internships are full-time, paid positions, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Application Process Opens: December 2022 ¦Application deadline: February 3, 2023
The purpose of this internship is to prepare rising Juniors & Seniors (3rd & 4th year) college students for a successful transition to an IT Engineering role in the most challenging environments. Through our IT internship program, interns will gain real world experience in many aspects of IT by immersing in test, development, and production environments. The job may include both office-based work and on-site field work. Interns will get front-line troubleshooting and customer service experience and learn valuable technical skills.
In this internship you will have the opportunity to work across several of SE’s engineering teams and technologies Including security, networking, infrastructure, and end-user support. Interns have the opportunity to work across multiple teams through a three-week rotation on each team. This will keep deliverables and milestones in focus, fast paced and fun. Working along-side great people and seasoned IT professionals will inspire your next academic and career choices.
- Network and Application Security
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Firewall Administration
- Virtualization Administration
- Support of Cloud Environments
- Progress toward a degree/academic program in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Cybersecurity.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Technical skills: Familiarity & knowledge of Networking fundamentals, Network administration, Windows Servers & OS, Cloud applications (O365, Azure, VMWare) preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong collaboration mindset, demonstrated problem-solving ability, eagerness to learn.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle competing goals and deadlines in fast-paced environments.
EMPLOYEE-OWNED AND PROUD! Systems Engineering is in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland close to the waterfront, trails, and restaurants. We have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work and pride ourselves on being active in the community. It is a great place to work because of our outstanding workplace culture and the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
Systems Engineering values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.