Position Summary: The Service Technician is responsible for post-installation troubleshooting and service of audio-visual, video and general low voltage projects for iSpace customers. Work will be completed primarily at customer sites and will be at the direction of the Field Services Manager. The Service Technician will work independently or with a team to complete each service incident and requires a high level of proficiency in audio-video conferencing operations. Candidate must be comfortable in service situations that often involve unfamiliar equipment and installations. Some overnight travel may be required from time-to-time (less than 15%).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Service Technician Specific Responsibilities:
- Efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct technical issues on site. Testing systems upon completion of service to ensure systems function properly.
- Train and instruct customers and fellow internal team members on the proper use of equipment and systems.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Handle on-call duties per published schedule.
- Provide in-office backup of phone support in times of sickness or vacation.
- Track and maintain time sheets and service logs for service incidents.
- Maintain control over inventory in iSpace’s and technician’s possession and ensure proper accounting.
- Obtain technical certifications as directed by management to further develop your career.
- Investigate and resolve open issues with vendor support teams.
- Be aware of and able to recommend or sell additional products or services, including managed services.
- Other duties as needed to meet business needs.
2. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand
- We are EXPERTS: We provide well thought out solutions to support our client’s business needs.
- We are RESOURCEFUL: We will find ways to get it done and make it look easy.
- We VALUE all PARTNERSHIPS: Our partners are not viewed as transactions, but friends. We support each other and celebrate in each other’s successes.
- We believe in TEAMWORK: All of us together are better than each of us alone.
- We have FUN: Having fun is part of our work experience. We bring our culture to life by enjoying ourselves and each other.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma and 4+ Years AV industry experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current MN Power Limited Technician license or at a minimum a current MN Limited Power Registration card.
- CTS certification
- Base level programming and product training/certification by equipment manufacturers such as Crestron, Extron, QSC, BIAMP, Shure, Cisco, Yealink and others.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements and Skills:
- Strong technical aptitude or background working with electronics and communications technology, including but not limited to AV control systems, audio DSP’s, AV switchers, video conferencing technologies, data/IT systems, and telecom.
- Working knowledge, proficiency and demonstrable experience connecting equipment, disconnecting equipment, wire pulling, rack mounting, wire management, and equipment mounting.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and technical personnel alike.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain focus on the project at hand.
- An ability to effectively triage, prioritize, and juggle multiple incidents simultaneously.
- Ability to follow through extended service incidences from open to completion.
- Ability to work independently, managing time and prioritizing tasks, yet also able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to take initiative.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. Possible exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
iSPACE environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis under law.