PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking an experienced full-time Pharmacist.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Process and dispense medications, counsel patients on the use of prescription and over-the-counter medications, and advise the healthcare team about medication therapy.
- Counsel patients verbally on the appropriate use of prescription or over-the-counter medications and their contraindications, storage parameters, dosage, drug interactions, and potential side effects.
- Review new or refill prescriptions for appropriate indication, interpretation and accuracy of directions, dosage, dosage form, route of administration, quantity, potential drug interactions, drug incompatibilities, coverage by third-party payer, or determining if a generic form is applicable.
- Prepare or oversee the typing, preparation, labeling, and filling of new or refill prescriptions with the appropriate product, ingredient, dose, and dosage form including liquid medicines, ointments, creams, inhaled products, capsules, tablets, vaginal, rectal, or injectable products.
- Prepare prescription refill requests for provider authorization by reviewing and documenting subjective changes, biometric measurements, prescription adherence to therapy, completion of follow up with appointments or referrals, and/or completion of recommended labs.
- Maintain patient medication profile including review and updating of prescriptions, health conditions, drug allergies, drug intolerances, third-party payer information, address, phone number, and other demographic data.