Trellance is the leading provider of data analytics and business intelligence solutions, professional services and consulting for credit unions. The company’s solutions and services, together with the patented common data model, are used by credit unions to find actionable insights, improve member experience and achieve portfolio growth.
The Data Architect is responsible for aligning and executing the future state enterprise information architecture with Trellance’s clients. This role collaborates with solutions architects and subject matter experts from product management and IT areas. This role will play a key role in growing Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team. You will be the technical owner of the enterprise Data warehouse and will own technical solutions from a design and architecture perspective. We are looking for you to bring your expertise to creatively solve complex data challenges of various sizes with the goal of enabling analysts and peers throughout the company to make decisions backed by data.
- Develop and support implementation of Trellance’s clients Data Architecture Strategy.
- Conduct data product/platform reviews and evaluations and identify gaps.
- Create and review logical and physical data models.
- Work with and deliver results in Agile environment.
- Directly engage with and provide architectural recommendation and guidance to Trellance’s clients.
- Responsible for developing business requirements document and source to target mapping and data model.
- Make recommendations to improve new and existing data warehouse solutions to make Snowflake a highly scalable enterprise data warehouse.
- Implement solutions that leverage the power of Snowflake and PowerBI as part of the BI (Business Intelligence) ecosystem.
- Define development standards and standards for data flows in and between different systems/applications.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the data architecture, data flows and data models of the data warehouse appropriate for various audiences.
- Be an advocate for data governance and make recommendations to implement governance as a key part of the DW/BI journey.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features and make recommendations on performance tuning, cost optimization on Snowflake.
- Have a pulse on the latest tools and technology to keep our BI tool stack aligned with the business needs and vision.
- Experience working on an implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field.
Company / Industry Knowledge:
Knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Data Architect.
- 3+ years of experience with Python and ETL using data pipelines, preferably on the Cloud.
- Expert on Data warehouse design and Implementation Source-To-Reports.
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques, data modelling, implementing complex stored Procedures.
- Experience in Agile development methodology.
- Experience defining and implementing architecture standards.
- Exposure to cloud environments (especially Azure) and Hybrid Workloads; experience with developing cloud data strategies, best practices and standards.
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and using real time analytics tools.
- Knowledge of Snowflake architecture concepts - Cloud Services, Virtual Warehouse, etc.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, monitoring, overseeing, and troubleshooting multiple enterprise level databases.
- Experience with data security and data access controls and design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated influencing skills, elevated level of technical and team leadership skills.
- Prior consulting experience a plus.
- Some travel (up to 25%) may be required to client site.