At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Records Researcher is responsible for processing products related to pre-employment background applications that include but are not limited to: MVRs, civil court cases, criminal case and registry, drug testing and OFAC.
- Retrieves and enters data from computer/web-based systems, files, and other documents related to the applicant’s history.
- Locates information quickly and accurately in accordance with applicable state laws and procedures.
- Uses software programs to provide instant criminal results to clients.
- Examines internet databases to help investigate and adjudicate criminal records.
- Performs data entry using spreadsheet or database commands.
- Performs extensive internet inquiries and searches to supplement criminal records.
- Analyzes information collected to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
- Contacts clients and outside resources via phone to verify information.
- Updates order statuses appropriately.
- Handles confidential information responsibly and with good judgment.
- Monitors and implements processing and system changes.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in customer service [or with research/investigations] is required.
- Experience with internet researching experience is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer