Asurint is building the leading technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Our proprietary platforms and technologies create comprehensive background screening services that meet the needs of businesses and government entities. Our efficient turnaround time, accuracy, pricing, and compliance distinguish us as leaders in the market.
Guided by our values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are the norm. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and intellectual curiosity. We believe servant leadership, teamwork, and respect for each other lead to superior results. We invest in our people through learning and development and ensure appropriate support systems exist for advancement and growth. We focus relentlessly on our customers to provide world class product and support.
The Level III Systems Engineer is responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting on-premise enterprise systems.
- Plans, designs, develops, evaluates, tests, and integrates organization’s systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and business applications
- Collaborates with Information Technology staff and other company stakeholders to gather requirements and implement systems to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability needs, and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, and disaster recovery
- Participates in all phases of system development, deployment, configuration and monitoring including performance and availability alerting, security and capacity planning.
- Designs and performs server security audits.
- Responsible for infrastructure including DNS, DHCP, AD, group policies, file servers, and vCenter, in coordination with the Systems Administrators
- Work with the Director and Infrastructure Manager to devise and implement Business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) plans from our DR site
- Administer and optimize the Office 365 environment
- Final escalation point for issues from the Helpdesk and Infrastructure teams
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, server/desktop OS, cloud environments, network security, Active Directory, virtualization, system and network monitoring, application installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Identify, plan migration of corporate systems that can be best utilized in a cloud infrastructure
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization
- Interface with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor
- Utilize exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills to improve and maintain business relationships
- Provide after-hours coverage as needed
- Develop and maintain documentation
- Stay current with industry and technology news, trends and best practices
- Mentor junior IT staff
- Experience with Endpoint Security solutions such as Symantec or Webroot, DLP, and encryption, including malware remediation techniques.
- Experience with the implementation and maintenance of Active Directory, Okta Single Sign-On, and 2-factor authentication solutions
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall or similar platform
- Experience with Mail Gateways such as Proofpoint, SpamTitan
- Experience with BYOD and Mobile Device Management
- Experience with F5 Load Balancer
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 through 2019
- Familiarity with Windows 10 and macOS
- Experience with VMware ESXi and vCenter 5.5/6.0/6.5, and upgrading to new versions
- Experience with Exchange 2010 through 2016, and Office 365
- Experience with Networking Technologies such as Arista, Cisco, Dell, Palo Alto, Ubiquiti
- Experience with storage Appliances such as Nimble
- Experience with Enterprise Level Backup Solutions such as Veeam, Zerto
- Familiarity with Cloud Infrastructure such as Amazon AWS, Azure, GCP
- Familiarity with reporting and monitoring tools such as LogicMonitor, vRealize, and SolarWinds
- Must have Powershell scripting experience. Ansible is a plus
- Years of relevant experience: 6 to 8 years is preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time and projects effectively
- Passionate about excellent customer service to the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills
- Certifications such as Microsoft MCP, VMWare VCP, and Cisco CCNA are a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC employer