The role of Warehouse Associate is responsible for all aspects of the warehouse operation at the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor. Responsibilities include receiving, organizing, and preparing products for delivery. Other responsibilities include maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and regulations.
- Attend warehouse department meetings.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Maintain carpet and pallet displays.
- Oversee maintenance of all warehouse racks and equipment.
- Operate standard office equipment – e.g., computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Operate standard warehouse equipment – e.g., hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
- Receive, store, and stage materials, as directed.
- Record entries and produce documents to track and manage store inventory.
- Report damages and items in need of repair to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Retain positive working relationships with customers.
- Sweep, dust, and mop the facility, as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma, or GED required
- Three or more years of related experience preferred
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Math Skills
- Desire to learn
- Detail-Oriented; Thorough.
- Excellent Time Management
- Responsive to direction
- Self-Sufficient; High Initiative
- Strong Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain dress code and professional appearance as per company policy.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; occasionally required to climb or balance; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse environment
- Some outdoor exposure during the workday
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.