Starting Pay: $20.00/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
Arapahoe Basin Lift Operators enjoy working with guests and aim to provide exceptional customer service every day.
We are passionate about skiing and snowboarding and sharing that passion with our guests. One thing is for sure, we work hard and we play hard.
As a Lift Operator, you will assist in the loading and unloading of passengers on aerial tramways, tow ropes, and surface lifts. Lift Operators are also responsible for scanning lift tickets and assisting guests with any ticket issues. Other responsibilities include maintaining lift areas by shoveling and raking snow, removing ice, and setting up lift mazes.
Lift Operators at A-Basin are eligible for a staging program based on experience and tested knowledge which relates to applicable pay. See below for the individual staging requirements and duties.
Why not make skiing and snowboarding part of your daily job? Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Perks and Benefits for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Interact positively with guests and seeks to assist with any guest concerns to provide a day worth repeating
- Assist guests in loading and unloading of ski lifts including physically picking up customers who have fallen down
- Complete CPTSB specified in-house training requirements to safely operate aerial tramways
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of ANSI standards and applications upon successful completion of training
- Demonstrate knowledge of lift emergency procedures upon successful completion of training
- Maintain areas surrounding all lifts throughout the day by ensuring proper snow levels and maintaining snow ramps
- Check lift tickets and passes for valid access and reports issues to Lead, Supervisor, or Managers
- Communicate information with guests, co-workers, Ski Patrol, and other ski area personnel throughout the day
- Maintain message board with up-to-date communication
- Maintain tidy and safe work area including proper storage of tools
- Maintain lift maze throughout the day including ropes, snow work, and management of lanes as volume dictates
- Maintain clean and tidy locker room
- Support emergency evacuation of chairlift if necessary
- Ski or snowboard safely to and from lift terminals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level or higher
- Ability to use a full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, pull, push, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to visually and audibly inspect for irregularities in machinery
- Must provide own ski/snowboard equipment
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- You will work almost 100% of the time outside in a cold, snowy, and high-alpine environment. Noise levels of machinery can be high and exposure to heights is frequent. You will work with guests frequently on a daily basis. Riding a chairlift is required for this role.
Lift Operator Staging Program
Lift Operator I: See above for essential responsibilities and requirements
Lift Operator II: Starting Pay: $20.50/hr
Fulfills all stage I responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- At least 60 days of previous experience working as Lift Operator I with positive 30 and 60-day reviews
- Must successfully complete snowblower training
- Must successfully complete 1 Detachable Grip Drive Terminal, 1 Fixed Grip Drive Terminal, 1 Conveyor, and 1 Rope Tow training checklists
- Must successfully pass the Operator II Test
- Swing and bump chairs on all lifts requiring this technique