CDC Small Business Finance is a leading U.S. small business lender and award-winning nonprofit. Over the last four decades, CDC has provided more than $13 billion in loans to 11,000 entrepreneurs...and counting.
Unlike a traditional lender, we have the flexibility to offer affordable loans to a broader range of small business owners seeking financing for building purchases, major equipment and working capital, among other purposes.
As a non-profit organization, our mission is to support those who face the greatest obstacles in securing capital: women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Our business loans have also played a critical role in bolstering economic development, helping create or preserve more than 180,000 jobs in California, Arizona and Nevada.
The primary responsibility is to lead, build and accelerate an integrated investor relations strategy for the firm.
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with all existing and prospective investors, as well as capital intermediary partners (e.g. investment banks, CDFI capital partners). The target investor base will extend beyond CDC SBF’s historical investor base (e.g. CRA-motivated institutions and foundations) to also include mainstream investors, with a focus on the emerging class of market investors looking for financial and social returns
- Manage the preparation of presentation and pitch materials for new investor pursuits, tailoring the narrative based on investor targets
- Quarterback the execution of capital transactions with investors, partnering across other departments (e.g. Lending, Finance, Operations, Sales) as necessary
- Analyze and prepare insights on capital market activity and trends, including implications to CDC Small Business Finance’s overall strategy, and present them to the leadership team