Who are We?
We’re Chandler Asset Management, an employee-owned and independent financial services company; our concentration centers on managing taxable fixed income portfolios that are aligned with our institutional clients’ needs. We manage over $28 billion in assets and believe in the philosophy of creating value and managing risk with active management, using robust quantitative analysis and qualitative insights.
What do we value?
Great People with Great Values. Integrity, service, excellence, education, and teamwork are the values that define the culture at Chandler Asset Management.
In addition to our core values, our culture is defined by 27 fundamental behaviors that describe our culture, set us apart and drive our success. From the beginning, we’ve always wanted to deliver total piece of mind through extraordinary performance. We believe our extraordinary performance and culture are driven by our dedicated and committed people.
What’s the job all about?
The Assistant Portfolio Manager – Credit is responsible for supporting the Investment Management team in their interactions with clients as well as supporting the relationship management team with client specific research for existing and prospective clients. This position will assist in managing investment portfolios, performing portfolio and fixed income research, and transacting securities. Demonstrated experience in evaluating 2a7 eligible security types helpful. This position is a hybrid role working out of our San Diego, CA office.
The essential functions of the role include:
- Work with senior members of the Investment Management team in the day-to-day management of client portfolios. Maintain a high level of dialogue with internal staff to support investment decisions and understanding of changing market dynamics.
- Develop expertise to serve as a mentor and role model in acting as an active intermediary between operations and portfolio management related to systems and trade process issues.
- Actively participate in select Portfolio Management committees to develop and evaluate multiple investment strategies. Committees may include Economic and Market Analysis, Credit, Sector, and Quantitative/Structuring.
- Support the Chandler credit process by taking a leadership role in covering an assigned sector of the Chandler corporate bond coverage universe.
- Support Portfolio Management processes such as ongoing maintenance of data bases and various model input factors.
- Conduct ad hoc research projects as directed by senior members of the team.
- Develop an understanding of current and anticipated market trends and how they may affect Chandler’s client portfolios.
- Remain informed about current market conditions.
- Support Investment Team as directed including research for processes, projects, portfolio management initiatives, and Trading.
- Actively support Portfolio Management interaction with Marketing’s new business RFP analysis.
This Team Member will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated progress towards CFA designation required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the asset management field or equivalent
- Strong interest in financial markets
- Experience in capital market credit analysis required
- Expert Excel, data base, and Bloomberg skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong team player
What we can offer you!
Medical, Dental & Vision
Life & AD&D
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Accident & Critical Illness
Flexible Spending Accounts
Fun Company Events
Ready to join our team?!
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. Chandler Asset Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.