In this position, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations as they relate to computer networks and supporting systems. You will oversee network switches, firewalls, IP phone systems, network protocols, and related security and maintenance to ensure that network systems are operating at full capacity. You will also be tasked with installing hardware and software, as well as providing team member support when necessary. In addition to best in class health benefits, we offer you an award winning workplace, competitive pay, 401k, education assistance plan, telemedicine service, and weekly pay days. Come work with us! This position requires in office days, but does have some work from home flexibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides telephone, in-person, and online support to end-users.
- Maintain network and computer system security and ensure that all systems are operating correctly.
- Work with outside IT consultants and service providers.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Upgrade network systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administer network infrastructure, including switches, cabling, firewalls, wireless, VPN, etc.
- Collect data to evaluate network or system performance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, security, and disaster recovery.
- Provide updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Assists in research and procurement of IT infrastructure accessories and supplies.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple problems simultaneously.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of network technology and concepts.
- Completes annual training of all required compliance regulations, including the BSA, and adheres to the regulations.
- Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor, informing him/her of all pertinent problems, irregularities, new development, changes, and other important information within area of responsibility.
- Follow safety and security rules and regulations.
- Protect and respect credit union information, equipment, and supplies.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job as well as reporting to work on time and as scheduled.
- Physical presence on site is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- On-call availability is required.
Demonstrate a favorable image when representing OMNI. Display a high level of honesty, integrity, conscientiousness, and confidentiality while exhibiting a professional demeanor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience. Equivalent military experience will be considered.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows, virtualization platforms, and Linux.
· Extensive application support experience with Microsoft on-premises and cloud products.
· Advanced technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including the Cisco product stack.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
· Preference given to candidates with the following: CASP, CEH, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, Sec+, Net+, A+, Cloud+, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCDA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MTA.
· Ability to be bonded.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, regulatory agencies, benefit providers, and others.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Continuous use of judgment, reasoning, patience and negotiation. Frequent use of
initiative, ingenuity and creativity. Frequent problem-solving. In certain circumstances, problem resolution may require considerable diplomacy while dealing with difficult people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
All essential functions are performed in an office setting. Temperatures in the climate-controlled offices may fluctuate. Work area is sometimes noisy due to multiple member transactions. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate. Due to the nature of our business, there is a risk of
exposure to potentially hazardous conditions.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the frequent need to write or type, and the continuous need to be resourceful, persuasive and creative in all aspects of the loan documentation. In addition, the job holder requires imagination, concentration and negotiating skills to be successful in performing the job duties as well as a high aptitude for technology.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.