This position is engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements and responding to outages. Participate in design meetings and consult with colleagues and third-party partners to refine, test and debug programs to meet business and technology initiatives.
In addition to best in class health benefits, we offer you an award winning workplace, competitive pay, 401k, education assistance plan, telemedicine service, and weekly pay days. Come work with us!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS:
· Develop, test, and implement new applications using software development best practices.
· Strong backend programming skills ideally with experience in PHP. Familiarity with Laravel or similar MVC frameworks a plus.
· Strong understanding of how to architect and interact with APIs, and the ability to leverage them in larger applications.”
· Working knowledge of CSS with experience designing layouts using Bootstrap or similar CSS frameworks.
· Competency with MySQL database interactions and SQL queries. Querybuilder / Eloquent experience preferred.
· Familiarity with software development lifecycle.
· Ability to collaborate in software projects using version control software (Github).
· Discipline to follow secure coding standards and leverage tools to ensure application security.
· Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills.
· Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to optimize applications in accordance with end-user requirements.
· Incident management competency to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis.
· Ability to gather and document end user requirements and obtain sign-off.
· Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and/or reports as requested.
· Stay abreast of current technology and industry best practice.
· Attended technical training courses as required.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Adhere to all internal policies & controls, procedures, and practices in support of risk management, safety & soundness, and compliance as required.
· Complete annual compliance and security training as required.
· Follow direction and priority as assigned by senior programmer / management.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience is required.
Continuous use of judgment, reasoning, patience and negotiation. Frequent use of
initiative, ingenuity and creativity. Frequent problem-solving. In certain circumstances,
problem resolution may require considerable diplomacy while dealing with difficult
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
All essential functions are performed in an office setting. Temperatures in the
climate-controlled offices may fluctuate. Work area is sometimes noisy due to
multiple member transactions. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate. Due to the nature of our business, there is a risk of exposure to potentially hazardous conditions.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the frequent need to write or type, and the continuous need to be resourceful, persuasive, and creative in all aspects of the loan documentation. In addition, the job holder requires imagination, concentration and negotiating skills to be successful in performing the job duties as well as a high aptitude for technology.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required.