Join the team at Partner Veterinary. We’re seeking a veterinary surgeon (board-certified or residency-trained) who is eager to join our Frederick, MD team!
Partner Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center (PVESC) is a women-founded and owned business committed to healing a profession from the inside out by taking a team-first approach to veterinary care. Our leadership team has a reputation for building and retaining happy, healthy teams. We aim to give more professionals a healing environment to do the job they love. This means nurturing each team member’s emotional well-being and career potential with structured support models.
We’re excited to take our next step on this mission by opening two Emergency and Specialty Center hospitals in early 2023, one in Frederick, MD and another in Richmond, VA.
As a Partner Veterinary surgeon, you will utilize your unique expertise to
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans for patients with surgical diseases, including orthopedic injuries, wounds, and a myriad of soft-tissue diseases or disorders
- Regularly collaborate with ER and other departments- including but not limited to internal medicine, neurology, and oncology- to both provide and receive support
- Oversee consults, rechecks, procedures, surgeries, and transfers from other departments
- Help develop workflows that optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of these inter-departmental transfers
- Ability to assist in developing training programs for ER doctors seeking to improve their proficiency and confidence in performing mutually agreed upon surgical emergencies
We are seeking an individual who supports and prioritizes patient care, self-care, and community-care in line with the spirit and culture of Partner. As a Partner Veterinary Surgeon, you must be enthusiastically committed to collaboration with the emergency service and other specialty departments.
Partner Veterinary operates under the oversight of two Chief Medical Officers, Dr. Emma Evans – Boarded Criticalist and Dr. Anne Abernethy -ER Doctor, both of whom will be working clinical shifts alongside the team.
Hospital Equipment and Software Includes:
- In-House Lab Equipment
- Digital Radiology
- Digital Cytology
- Multi-parameter anesthetic monitoring equipment
- Smartboard technology
- Integrated EMR and digital treatment sheet software
In addition to the equipment listed above, the Emergency and Specialty Hospital will also utilize:
- GE 1.5 tesla MRI
- GE 16 slice Helical CT Scanner
- C-arm fluoroscopy
If you want to practice the highest standard of care with our skilled team, that supports an atmosphere of work life balance, we want to hear from you!
Our mission statement is our commitment to our team: “Doing our part to improve the veterinary landscape and pioneer a transformative approach to team health and happiness, creating a healing environment for ourselves and our partners, pet families, and patients.” https://partnervesc.com/careers/
Are you ready to learn more? Visit our website and apply on our careers page. We look forward to meeting you!
- Professional demeanor and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Maryland
- Board-certification or residency-training in surgery