Come join the team at Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West - a UNESCO world heritage site and one of the most frequently visited travel destinations in Arizona!
Sharply focused on ensuring our local, regional, national, and international audiences feel welcome to explore, engage in, understand and financially support the historic spaces of Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin and Taliesin West, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation inspires people to discover and embrace an architecture for better living through meaningful connection to nature, the arts and each other. In Wright's own words, our vision is "to make life more beautiful, the world a better one for living in, and to give reason, rhyme and meaning to life."
The Guest Service Representative is a member of the Foundation’s Public Engagement team, responsible for delivering a quality experience and outstanding guest service to the more than 100,000 guests of every age and background to Taliesin West each year. The people in this position are responsible for conducting engaging guest experiences through the entrance kiosk, the call center, and assisting the audio guide experience. Guest Services Representatives acquire and maintain general knowledge of Frank Lloyd Wright's life and work in order to function as informed and intelligent representatives for the Foundation.
Note: Schedules are available for either regular part-time (approximately 20-25 hours per week year round) or seasonal part-time hours (approximately 20-25 hours January-June) - and may include evenings, weekdays and weekends.
Each day, Taliesin West offers in-depth guided tours and highlights audio tours of the campus. We also offer cultural programs for adults (lectures, performances, and workshops) and educational programs for K-12 students and families (summer camp, field trips, and family days). During the busiest seasons, our Guest Services Representatives are vitally important in helping make each person’s visit a success. Taliesin West is open seven days a week, from September – May, and five days a week from June – August.
Working primarily at the entrance kiosk, Guest Service Representatives greet and check in guests with advance reservations, and for those visitors who walk up, the Representatives sell and process tour and/or event tickets and memberships. At times, Guest Service Representatives work with guests and other staff in back-of-house areas, on the telephone, or in alternate locations.
- Successfully complete a 1-2-week paid orientation and training program.
- Welcome and acknowledge all visitors to Taliesin West while providing outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Act as information source for visitors and members – have a complete understanding of Foundation activities.
- Check-in guests with advanced reservations, sell walk-in tour tickets, memberships, and other transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Answer Foundation’s main phone line. Respond to inquiries regarding exhibitions, programs, events, and general guest information. Route calls as necessary.
- Properly perform opening and/or closing procedures, as trained, including closing the ticketing, membership, and POS systems and balancing receipts at shift end, and ensuring that receipts and equipment are properly stored and locked.
- Demonstrate mastery of technology (hardware and software, including computers, laptops, iPads, and handheld devices).
- Consistently and accurately perform job duties to a high standard.
- Provide meaningful, informative, accurate, and engaging information to guests.
- Able to communicate information to all levels of visitor understanding and engagement.
- Demonstrate excellent oral communication and presentation skills within a guest-centric focus and effectively present information and respond to questions accurately and informatively.
- Provide excellent customer service, ensure visitor safety, and communicate clear safety rules to maintain control of the group and to minimize potential damage to our historic property.
- Interact with all guests, employees, and volunteers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Status: Part-Time Regular and Part-Time Seasonal schedules are available
Hourly rate: $16.00
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to consistently provide excellent customer service.
- Confident public speaking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective multi-tasking capabilities.
- Proficiency utilizing an electronic ticketing reservation or point of sale system.
- Basic knowledge of technology such as iPads/handheld devices and computer applications/programs such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Process credit card, cash, and other monetary transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and communicate with a diverse team and audience, including adults, children, staff, the public, and volunteers.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines and changing environments.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and navigate and traverse desert terrain.
- Commitment to regularly work up to 25 hours per week including during high visitation periods, flexibility in scheduling and daily duties, including regular weekend and holiday shifts.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in any or all of the following: customer-service, public speaking, retail sales, call center agent
- Knowledge of Frank Lloyd Wright and his architectural principles.