Trellance is the leading provider of data analytics and business intelligence solutions, professional services and consulting for credit unions. The company’s solutions and services, together with the patented common data model, are used by credit unions to find actionable insights, improve member experience and achieve portfolio growth.
The DNA Business Analyst provides general consulting and technical staff augmentation for the business unit within Trellance. The BAs use their extensive knowledge and experience in the financial services industry to collaborate with credit unions to improve their overall success. BAs have a solid understanding of the technical aspects of the Fiserv DNA platform, as well as business processes, project management, and overall credit union strategy. A BA may act as a consultant one moment, a business analyst or a system administrator the next, and then a technical project manager with the next client.
- Acts as a system administrator or business analyst for customer.
- Conducts operational and/or systems analysis resulting in problem identification. During engagements, identifies customer-focused operational and system enhancement opportunities.
- Conducts business process reviews, identifying current state and improved future state. Working closely with customer on business value to gain acceptance, then assist in implementation of future state.
- Create deliverables for customers, including detailed reports that outline the findings and recommendations for process improvement, diagrams for current and future state of processes, and data analysis.
- Partner with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions.
- Write Business Requirement Document (BRD) for complex projects, including the definition, scope, objectives, and defining the approach. Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical specification documents.
- Collaborates with clients to ensure testing and training are complete during implementation projects.
- Creates project plans to monitor progress, assuring all milestones are completed as projected.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in credit union operations.
- 3+ years of experience in Access, Excel (Advanced), Visio, and MS Project.
- 3+ years of database knowledge and experience with Tables, Views, stored procedures.
- 2+ years of configuring and implementing DNA Core Processing Functionality.
- 2+ years of experience in Computer Operations.
- 2+ years of experience in monitoring like Atomic, Ctrl M etc. and escalating Batch Job alerts to the respective teams
- Good knowledge and understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures pertinent to the job.
- 2+ years of financial industry experience is desired.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to prioritize tasks, deal effectively with competing and changing priorities, and meet deadlines. Accurate, detail-oriented, and organized. Able to analyze and resolve difficult problems and situations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to translate business requirements into clear technical specifications for the development team.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
Nice to haves:
- Database “programmer” experience (data modeling, stored procedures, functions, and query optimizations).