This is an administrative position under the immediate supervision of the Executive Director. The Human Resources Generalist will have primary responsibility for ensuring PreventEd’s compliance with state and federal HR policies, managing the agency’s health insurance and general liability insurance, as well as maintaining and updating employee personnel files.
1. Implement and, when necessary develop, various personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain the Policy and Procedure manual.
2. Ensure PreventEd’s compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislations; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising executive leadership on needed actions.
3. Maintain all payroll information including salary adjustments, taxes and benefits, and other payroll deductions; review and maintain time sheets and work records.
4. Work with Finance Department in processing agency’s semi-monthly payroll.
5. Improve supervisor and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; and coaching and counseling supervisors and employees.
6. Assist with review of all agency dental/health/property/liability insurance needs and maintain all insurance contracts, records, etc.
7. Coordinate employee recruitment with open position postings and candidate review.
8. Maintain current job descriptions and provide updates as needed; align roles/job descriptions in agency organizational chart with ongoing updates.
9. Meet with each new employee and oversee the completion of all required employment forms; maintain personnel files.
10. Enroll employees and update employee information in agency 401K plan.
11. Serve as the staff liaison for the Board of Directors’ Personnel and Compliance Committee.
12. Serve on the agency’s internal Racial Equity Committee.
13. Develop and implement a worksite wellness program.
14. Assume responsibility for other related administrative duties as assigned.
· High degree of maturity and emotional stability.
· High level of professionalism and discretion.
· Ability to maintain effective and cooperative relationships with volunteers, clients, staff members, and other community social service agencies.
· High degree of personal integrity and judgment.
· Ability to organize well, work with details, and exhibit follow through.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 5+ years of human resources experience in non-profit setting.
· Experience using Paylocity or similar software platform.
· Previous training or experience in public speaking, social services, minority relations, youth programs, planning/coordination, community organization, or teaching preferred.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· E-mail, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, data entry
· This position works primarily in an office setting at the PreventEd agency location with possible travel in the community. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The physical requirements of this job includes: sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs on a regular basis; lifting up to 25 lbs, pulling and/or pushing on occasion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, as well as possess the skills and meet the demands outlined in this job description. Upon an individual’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities, or tasks related to the skills and demands outlined herein. PreventEd will determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Employee acknowledges and understands that PreventEd reserves the right to modify the contents of this job description or to assign alternate and additional duties and responsibilities. Nothing in this job description is intended to alter or alters the at-will nature of employees’ employment at PreventEd.