As a Royalties Analyst with Vydia, you will contribute to the day-to-day operations within the Royalties Department and be involved in all aspects of music royalties, including the review and coding of agreement terms, processing incoming partner royalty statements, delivering accurate and timely client royalty reporting, clearing of suspense accruals and pending items, responding to internal and external inquiries on the accounts and additional ad hoc projects. This position will mainly be remote but will require working out of our Holmdel, NJ location from time to time.
- Analyze, review, and process incoming royalty statements
- Ensure that royalty statements are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Review client royalty terms and create recording agreement summaries
- Review monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual royalty statements to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Verify costs, advances, and royalty calculations
- Work closely with other internal teams as needed to carry out cross-functional responsibilities
- Clear suspense accrual and pending calculations
- Assist with client royalty payments as needed
- Special projects that may be assigned by the team's senior management from time to time
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance with 1+ years of related work experience; music industry experience a plus
- A strong analytical mind and high-level proficiency in Excel
- Passion for music, numbers, and analyzing large data sets
- Detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and is able to analyze and review information from several different sources
- Possess a keen willingness to learn and take initiative in a fast-paced, high productivity environment with tight deadlines
- Resourceful, flexible, and exceptional teamwork skills
Reasons to work with us:
- Vydia has been named Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ 4x due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- 2022 winner of the NJBIZ Business Of The Year award (51-100 employees)
- We are proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company!
- Major growth opportunities alongside the growth of the company; Vydia has been identified as an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America
- Join a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives that are meaningful to our team members
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement, and financial wellness plans
- We invest in your growth and development, providing a professional development stipend for continued education and mentorship to support your career goals
- Hybrid/Remote flexibility to work from home: We’ll ship you a laptop and provide onboarding and introductory materials remotely; Visit offices in Holmdel, NJ, and Los Angeles, CA as needed.
- Generous vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it including maternity/paternity leave
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. With a full suite of services, Vydia offers video and audio supply chain, global distribution, analytics, rights management, payments, detailed revenue reporting, and marketing. Vydia is a premium partner of leading digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple, TikTok, Vevo, YouTube, and Facebook. Combining innovative technology with industry expertise, Vydia is distribution reimagined. To learn more, please visit vydia.com.