Connect for Health Colorado has a great opportunity for a Software Development Manager:
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
We are seeking an experienced “hands on” Software Development Manager to help guide and lead our team of application developers and engineers as we build Software-as-a Service (SaaS) components in our state-of-the art, high-availability, containerized cloud. A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, technical vision, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Under the direction of the Director of Software Development, they are responsible for designing, delivering, supporting and monitoring the technical vision of the products leveraging inputs from product managers, stakeholders, business partners and the customer.
- Apply your knowledge of software development to manage software development tasks associated with designing, developing and troubleshooting software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications.
- Grow, lead, inspire and actively listen to a team of full-stack developers and engineers. Promote great software engineering practices. Manage and promote professional development for team members as well as advocate for team needs and opportunities.
- Build strong partnerships with Infrastructure, Security, Product Management and third-party partners to determine scope and ensure that development efforts meet requirements.
- Design and build new features and enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
- Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development efforts.
- Seek out innovative solutions and drive continuous improvement and team growth.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously. Projects span across various business units to include Security, Compliance and customer experience enhancement.
- Participate in development; oversees code reviews and sets standards for development practices.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technology developments.
- Colorado resident
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathmatics, or a directly related field and/or equivalent years of work experience.
- A total of 7 or more years of experience in application and software systems development as a leader and/or as an individual contributor.
- 3+ years leading application developers and engineers. Experience leading teams across multiple geographies preferred.
- Strong experience in full stack development and best-practice web-based application frameworks. Proficiency in Angular, PL/SQL and Java REST services in a cloud-based, automated and containerized architecture.
- Experience with developing solutions that take advantage of AWS/Cloud services.
- Experience working in an Agile environment required; DevSecOps experience preferred.
- Experience with architecting and developing applications that support zero downtime deployments.
- Strong knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for analyzing and developing software test and evaluation procedures.
- Familiarity with health care and/or insurance industries preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering complex software solutions to required timelines with high quality results. Our teams have a culture of continuous improvement and a “get things done” attitude.
- Experience leading teams in which developers support their code in production in an on-call rotation.
- Ability to work within a very fast-paced, quickly evolving organization, managing multiple, complex priorities and responding effectively to change.
- Candidate must be a committed team player with exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Currently working remotely
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
- Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short and long-term disability and life insurance. The hiring range for this position is $119,800 - $159,800.
Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employemnt.