As our Contracts Specialist, you will assist our sales team and credit analysts within our Warehouse Lending department by completing contract reviews, tracking outstanding contracts, managing UCC fillings, as well as updating company files, and preparing and reviewing legal contracts. Most of these contracts are templated and simple. For some of our customers, you will need to customize or build a contact and you must have a good knowledge of legal language and principles. Future projects may include reviewing non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and partnering with our legal team. This role could be exciting for someone who enjoys working with a wide range of customers in both size (small boutique firms to large corporations) and Single Family and Multifamily mortgage companies. Apply TODAY if you want to join a highly collaborative team, who enjoys supporting each other’s success.
After one year as our Contracts Specialist, you'll know you were successful if you...
- Prepare and review all Warehouse Lending contracts; Repurchase Agreements, Participation Agreements, Promissory Notes, Guarantees, Custodial Agreements, etc.
- Serve as a first line of review for contract negotiations and draft initial responses for management review.
- Prepare and assist with all Uniform Commercial Code filings, including ongoing monitoring of all active UCC filings.
- Research and review active UCC filings on current and new Warehouse Lending customers.
- Prepare, review, and maintain all notices related to warehouse agreements; including those related to termination, suspension, covenant violations, and non-use.
What we are looking for...
- Minimum of three years’ contract management and review experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Understanding of legal language and principles required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.