Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
Responsible for ordering Truck and Trailer parts for the organization, monitoring inventory levels, moving parts between shops, and returning parts to vendors as applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Parts Supervisor assists in managing staff to include selection, work allocation, training, coaching and mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation and feedback, and corrective action.
- Supervise Parts Clerks for proper usage of the shop management’s systems and Company policy.
- The Parts Supervisor orders and track all parts needed by Technicians daily.
- Based on the usage of parts, monitor all inventory levels and maintain minimum operational levels.
- The Parts Supervisor track and organize all inventory as instructed by management.
- Assign parts to repair orders as necessary.
- The Parts Supervisor receive parts from vendors and check invoices for accuracy.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of parts rooms.
- The Parts Supervisor manages all parts warranties and utilize approved vendors.
- Properly annotate all parts, comments, and warranties in maintenance management software.
- The Parts Supervisor plans daily parts requirements to meet workload.
- Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies.
- The Parts Supervisor utilize sound judgment to determine when parts should be ordered.
- Interface with Procurement Manager in order to discuss business decisions involving parts inventory and inventory allocation.
- The Parts Supervisor produces accurate and timely inventory reports.
- The Parts Supervisor reports directly to the Procurement Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of parts-related experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office and strong computer skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly in verbal and written forms; at times adjusting spoken voice to suit the sound level of the environment
- Ability to plan, organize, and forecast the usage or parts based on historical data and trends
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle and equipment and terminology, tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT rules and regulations, company policies and procedures, and automated fleet management information systems
- Ability to present a valid driver’s license
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Benefits and Perks:
• 401(k) Plan
• Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
• 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accident
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.