BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Senior Corporate Paralegal who will report to the company’s Associate General Counsel. As a Senior Corporate Paralegal, you will assist with a broad range of general corporate matters and also support real estate development activities for a portfolio of commercial photovoltaic solar and battery energy storage projects. You will engage in matters involving leases, lease options, and easements and be responsible for entity formation and maintenance, reviewing title reports and surveys, contract management, as well as helping to make internal process improvements.
We seek a highly motivated, creative and self-starting team member both to support BlueWave's immediate business needs and to help guide us in becoming a best-in-class organization. The successful candidate will be driven to support numerous internal clients, with a focus on resolving obstacles to solar development.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the renewable energy industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Manage entity formation and qualification for BlueWave entities including special purpose project vehicles
- Provide support on commercial transactions and closings, including by procuring certificates of good standing and preparing other ancillary documents and deliverables
- Support real estate matters, including leases, lease options, easements, and title issues.
- Support corporate governance efforts, including drafting minutes, operating agreements and consents, and assisting with corporate policies and procedures
- Provide support on new business opportunities, marketing, reporting, and compliance matters
- Manage communications and negotiations with customers and vendors
- Track assignments and communicate progress to teams, with an eye toward quickly resolving any issues or obstacles.
- Design and implement process improvements, including project entity management and contract management and approval procedures
- Pursue ongoing professional development in order to maintain current knowledge of best practices.
- Support the review of title reports, underlying title documents and land surveys, and help facilitate resolutions for any identified issues or discrepancies
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate setting
- Required: Experience with entity formation and qualification
- Desirable: Experience with real estate and land development, including title and survey review, and/or renewable energy and storage project development and finance
- Excellent commercial judgment and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves in order to dive into the documents and facts
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet competing deadlines, and work both independently and on teams
- Experience with Salesforce or other task management software a plus
- Sound judgement, with the capability of distilling detailed information in a concise manner, developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Strong communication and presentation skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Highly organized, flexible and efficient with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines on a routine basis
- Bases his/her decision-making process on ethics, integrity, and transparent communication
- Creates associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders – both internal and external
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.