Value Plus Flooring is currently seeking a qualified candidate to succeed in the role of Flooring Sales Professional. The Flooring Sales Professional is a full-time position in our single-family home division with the responsibility to achieve specified sales and margin goals by providing the highest level of customer service through continued product knowledge attainment, refinement of sales techniques while adhering to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist customers/clients in selection process and develop customer/client relationships.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and keep current on product and industry knowledge.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, tradeshows and builder meetings as required.
- Ensure the showroom and personal workspace is maintained in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Enter and process all paperwork
- Occasionally make jobsite visits.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience in sales or high-level customer service required.
- Previous experience in flooring, construction, or other homebuilding services required.
- Experience with 2020 or similar takeoff and estimating programs preferred.
- Ability to develop and deliver sales presentations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Local travel to current and potential customers/clients.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as required.
- Proficient in computer spreadsheet programs, e-mail, Word programs and learn company computer system.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office and show room environment
- Occasional jobsite visits
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.