Value Plus Flooring is currently seeking a skilled candidate to succeed in the role of Delivery Driver. This is a full-time, hourly position that reports to the Warehouse Manager with the primary responsibility to receive, store, distribute and deliver materials, tools, equipment and products expeditiously and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transport items from suppliers to warehouse, including transporting materials to client sites directly.
- Drive delivery truck; pick up materials from vendors, unload materials, deliver and unload materials to job sites.
- Prepare parcels for warranty shipments and/or returns.
- Cut and stage materials for subcontractor pickups and job site deliveries.
- Load materials into customer vehicle.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a valid Minnesota driver license
- Must be able to pass DOT testing or have current valid DOT card
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without restriction and on a regular basis
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of floor covering industry a plus
- Must be available to cover weekends, evening and holiday hours, when needed and flexible to work as early as 6:00 am or as late as 6:30pm
- Must be able to pass drug screening / background check
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to drive for long periods throughout the day.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs without restriction and on a regular basis
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.