About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 200 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are seeking individuals to join the Ayers Saint Gross team in the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. offices following graduation from an accredited planning, architecture, or design program. As a member of the planning team, you will work collaboratively to provide quality planning and design solutions for our clients. Projects typically overlap the disciplines of planning, architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and graphic design, and staff are usually working on more than one project at a time.
Candidate will work on a variety of tasks including:
- Existing conditions documentation.
- Translating datasets to charts, graphs, and other visual means.
- Diagramming and mapping.
- Developing design and planning concepts.
- 3D modeling – SketchUp, Revit, Rhino.
- Producing presentation graphics and renderings.
- Creating presentations.
- Support marketing and business development activities.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with a superb work ethic and a desire to learn. This individual is a team player, self-starter, and results-oriented individual. They will work with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of project types including master planning, space programming, feasibility studies, and urban design at multiple scales (city/site/building). Additionally, they should have an interest in higher education, cultural institutions, and the opportunities and challenges they face today.
- Bachelor’s (required) or Master’s (preferred) degree in combination of Architecture (preferred), Landscape Architecture, Planning, and/or Urban Design.
- 1-3 years practical experience.
- Outstanding skill with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino and/or 3D Studio Max.
- Basic Revit and BIM knowledge and capabilities preferred.
- Strong GIS understanding and capabilities.
- Exceptional graphic communication abilities.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate on large teams as well as work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity for regular project-related and inter-office travel.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture and Design to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayersaintgross.com. Please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.