We've Hired from Within, Again! That means we have another open position to fill... Indiana Farmers Insurance is currently looking for a Claims Representative I to join our Claims Team. This position offers an opportunity to work in home office, a hybrid schedule &/or fully remote.
The right candidate will investigate, evaluate and negotiate low to mid-level casualty claims arising from personal, commercial and farm exposures. As a Claims Representative I with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will support our vision by driving prompt, fair claims resolutions.
Benefits for the Claims Representative I:
- Free Health insurance
- Free Dental insurance
- Free Vision insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Free Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- 2% 401k Company Match
- 11% 401k Company Contribution
- Excellent Paid Time Off
- Day of Service
- Charity Match Program
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include work locations in the office, hybrid schedules and fully remote. The type of arrangement available is determined by the position and business needs
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier
Qualifications and Responsibilities for the Claims Representative I include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent length of work experience, preferred
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills
- Positive, strong, written and oral communication with policyholders, claimants, and agents regarding coverage and liability decisions
- Negotiating settlements within prescribed authority
- Identifying and recommending referral of potentially fraudulent claims
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Professional yet friendly demeanor, understands the importance of listening to understand
- Self-motivated with the drive and ability to work independently
- Able to cope with difficult situations from time to time and take it in stride
- Ability to set customer expectations appropriately early in the claims process
- Bilingual, preferred
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance? Imagine working for an employer like this:
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 145 years in business!
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!