The Multifamily Asset Manager will be responsible for the financial analysis and management of multifamily real estate assets throughout the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and analyze monthly property financials, monthly property cash flow, as well as key property metrics
- Communicate current property operations and current budget variances with senior management and investor relations team
- Manage and optimize property management companies in each submarket
- Perform and document on-site property visits (monthly/quarterly/annual). Report inspection results and recommendations to senior management
- Manage leasing, construction, and common area improvement projects
- Monitor and report on construction budgets and timing
- Model and communicate future property cash requirements and future monthly cashflow projections
- Coordination of due diligence for newly acquired assets
- Review and analyze third party reports
- Manage direct disposition of assets though sales process
- Create and/or utilize financial models to analyze investment and disposition opportunities
- Develop and distribute asset management reports
- Research, analyze and summarize pertinent market data
- Review proposed budgets provided by sponsors and property managers and compare to original pro forma
- Maintain regular communications with partners to ensure operations are in accordance with the underwritten business plan
- Monitor and administer loan covenants including reserve/loan draws, monitor lender covenants, and provide lenders financial information as required
- Manage real estate tax appeal processes where necessary
- Propose property distributions
- 5 – 7 years of prior experience in asset management, financial analyst, underwriting or fund-level management involving commercial real estate. Less experience may be substituted for additional education and or Certifications (i.e., MBA, MRE, CCIM).
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. A detailed oriented self-starter.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take direction from multiple senior managers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly, achieve results, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently, while driving multiple priorities and applying good judgement along with strong sense of self-motivation and direction
- Smart, energetic, team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Willingness to travel as required (approximately 20% of the time)
· Bachelor's Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting or Real Estate
· Yardi experience and advanced Excel functions a plus
· Argus experience and knowledge a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate office machinery; including but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, and mobile phone.
Working Conditions: Open office workstation environment, moderate to quiet noise levels.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, a “reasonable accommodation” will be made for an individual with a known physical or mental limitation unless it would require an action of significant difficult causing undue hardship.
This document covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.