Job Summary: Redstone maintenance team members are critical, front-line members of our team who have a direct impact on our property management operations. This role helps maintain property appearance, responds to service requests from residents/tenants, supports the general functioning of property machinery and systems, and collaborates with a range of Redstone colleagues and specialized vendors. A professional attitude and team focused mindset are essential.
Wage Status: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Normal Hours: 40 Hours per week. Note, Redstone maintenance personnel are required to assume duties for after hours on an on-call basis where over-time pay is provided. Current on-call rotation for this position is approximately six weeks per calendar year/every other month.
Essential Job Functions:
We are one Redstone! Our team works collaboratively and proactively to deliver exemplary customer service in support of our service standards: Safety, Courtesy, Inclusivity, Efficiency, and Price of Place. Redstone is looking for a candidate that consistently exhibits a professional communication style and positive attitude. This essential role on our team must demonstrate critical thinking and be able to pivot quickly. Exemplary customer service skills are critical. Our preferred candidate will be able to adapt to the changing needs of projects, be a team player, and exhibit self-direction.
Redstone offers a competitive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental insurance; 401K match; 3 weeks paid vacation to start and can earn up to 5 weeks; twelve paid holidays and a paid day off on your birthday; paid sick leave; paid maternity and paternity leave. All positions are eligible for discretionary and longevity bonuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs minor or routine maintenance or repair involving the following on a daily basis: Electrical and plumbing (including water lines); A/C and heating systems; Appliances (when applicable); Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings; Tile, carpet, flooring; Roofing, gutters, fasteners; Interior/exterior lights; Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable); Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors; Door locks; Security systems (where applicable); Ceiling leaks; Some janitorial and ground duties, including debris and trash removal; Light carpentry and drywall; Painting[BVP1] [KS2]
• Assists with preparing apartments for new residents by following unit turnover check list
• Adhere to all maintenance and purchasing directives as per management/lease agreements and company policies, including to but not limited to; property inspections, work orders, landscaping and grounds, safety, special maintenance items, work order procedure, stock control systems.
• Continually inspect property, record deficiencies, report to team lead
• Follow preventative maintenance programs for the property and specific equipment guidelines.
• Responsible for complying with safety regulations to avoid injury to self and others, as well as damage to equipment or buildings.
• Responsible for completing any and all required paperwork (i.e.: Requested reports, logs, timesheets, work orders, etc.) in a timely manner. All ‘paperwork’ is electronic and the ability to fill out documents using a phone or tablet is a must.
• Report accidents and emergency situations immediately.
• Other duties as requested or required.
Required to wear back support belt, wear goggles when working with specific equipment, wear masks and gloves and other safety equipment as tasks dictate.
Operation of Equipment/Machinery/Tools:
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
• Hand Tools -Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, etc.
• Power Tools - Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
• User-Moved Aids - Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
• Mechanical Equipment - Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
• Other Devices as Necessary
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
• Bend/Stoop/Squat Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment
• Climb Stairs Service requests
• Push or Pull Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
• Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.): Over 150 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time); 75 lbs. – 150 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time); 25 lbs. – 75 lbs. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time); 1 – 25 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
Note: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 75 lbs. is to be accomplished with assistance from one or more persons.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
• Performs duties under pressure and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
• Works as part of a team, as well as completes assignments independently.
• Takes instructions from supervisors.
• Exercises problem-solving skills.
• Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, sub-contractors, owners, tenants, and public in a professional and pleasant manner.
• Constant need (100% of time) to utilize company provided transportation to travel to assigned property and pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors.
• Must have valid driver's license free of major moving violations