About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 200 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are seeking a talented design professional to join the Ayers Saint Gross team as a Sustainable Design Coordinator. Hours are negotiable and this professional is anticipated to accommodate a hybrid work schedule with in-person peer engagement in Baltimore; Phoenix; Washington, DC; Austin, Texas; or Northern New Jersey.
As a Sustainable Design Coordinator, you will be actively involved in the development of architectural and planning projects in varying stages of development. You will support these projects through third-party certification administration and coordination as well as analytical design studies. As the schedule allows, you will support firm-wide initiatives in sustainability through facilitated research in areas of study established by the firm. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and independent with exceptional time-management and collaboration skills. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong design thinking and technical skills as well as an ability to contribute to an energetic process.
Sustainability and carbon neutrality is a critical part of Ayers Saint Gross and our clients’ missions. We are proud to offer this professional the opportunity to work side-by-side with our design leaders and clients in performing work that is both meaningful and critical to our projects’ success.
- Bachelors or Masters in a design-related field (Architecture, Planning, Landscape Architecture, Sustainability, etc.) from an accredited degree program.
- LEED GA or LEED AP certification required.
- LEED Green Rater will be considered a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others as well as independently.
- Exceptional relationship building skills including capacity to lead client-facing engagement.
- Interest in working across scales including building scale certifications and analysis, planning scale analysis and strategizing, and sustainability planning policy development.
- Knowledgeable about LEED rating systems and their documentation requirements; documentation experience will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with other green rating systems (Living Building Challenge, WELL, SITES, etc.) will be considered a plus.
- Entry level anticipated; experience, particularly with higher education projects, will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Climate Studio and Revit required.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Whole Building Life Cycle Analysis (EC3, OneClick, and/or Tally), Power BI, Grasshopper, Rhino, Ladybug, and other analysis softwares will be considered a plus.
- Familiarity with all phases of the design and construction process.
- Excellent graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Solid MS Office skills.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.