****** We are a NYS Healthcare Workers Bonus Employer – you could be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses ******
The Direct Support Professional – Community Support (Community Support Professional) will provide services to assist the individual to live successfully in the community. The DSP will help the individuals develop skills, habits, and attitudes essential for successful community integration while providing respite to the primary care and support providers. The DSP for Community Support will work with an established Community Habilitation Plan and gather appropriate data to facilitate necessary changes. In addition the DSP will assure compliance with established Protective Oversight Plans and ensure the provision of quality person centered services.
- High School Diploma/GED plus two (2) years experience working with individuals with disabilities OR Associate’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with one (1) year experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License with proof of valid vehicle registration and car insurance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
•Based on individual case, may include: Lifting, transferring, individuals/items of various weights
•Bending/reaching/pushing/pulling/transferring minimum of 50 lbs – individuals/items of various weights
•Cooking/budgeting/household skills may be required
•Effective verbal and written communication skills
•Reading/math skills to perform job duties
•Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the personal outcomes of the individuals receiving services
- To implement the goals as written in the Community Habilitation Plan documenting the individual's current status in each goal area.
- To engage the individual in recreational and leisure time activities.
- To participate in ongoing team meetings as well as Individualized Service Plan (ISP)meetings.
- To assure the continuous overall safety of the individual and environment in accordance with any documented plan of protective oversight.
- To adhere to accepted practices and standards of AIM and in the field of developmental disabilities.
•Implement/supervise/document action plan for recreational and leisure time activities with the individual, and as applicable, behavior guidelines.
•To attend and demonstrate competency in all required in-service training.
•To attend all on-going trainings offered on an as needed basis.
•To have a working knowledge of emergency procedure, including incident reporting, as outlined by AIM and the primary care provider.
•To provide and record receipts for expenditures and adhere to procedures regarding agency/individual monies.
•Enhance and promote social interactions and community participation.
•Relate to individual with respect and dignity, providing a positive example/role model.
•To accompany and coordinate for the transportation of the individual as applicable.
•Work only those hours authorized by the agency.
•To coordinate and implement the activities of the Community Recreation program, including the development of volunteer sites and recreational activities.
•Flexibility of schedule to ensure individual care and services are being met.