****** We are a NYS Healthcare Workers Bonus Employer – you could be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses ******
The Direct Support Professional – Community Support (Community Support Professional) will provide services to assist the individual to live successfully in the community and within their home. The DSP will help the individuals develop skills, habits, and attitudes essential for successful community integration. The DSP will provide respite to the primary care and support providers. The DSP for Community Support will work with an established Community Habilitation Plan and gather appropriate data to facilitate necessary changes. In addition, the DSP will assure compliance with established safeguards and ensure the provision of quality person centered services.
Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem positions available.
- Generous Paid Time Off for Full Time Employees (40 hours after first 90 days)
- Low Cost Health Insurance for Full Time Employees (Employer Paid Deductibles)
- Refer a friend and earn up to $500
- Paid on-the-job training
- Retirement Plan- 403b
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary/Supplemental Insurances including: Life Insurance, Accident, Critical Life and Short Term Disability
- High School diploma\GED is preferred; related background/experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License with proof of valid vehicle registration and car insurance. (preferred)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Read, Math and Technology skills required at a level to perform job duties.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Program-specific Training (provided)
• Lifting/transferring – individuals/items of various weights – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Bending/reaching/pushing/pulling/transferring minimum of 50 lbs – individuals/items of various weights
• Cooking/budgeting/household skills may be required
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Read, Math and Technology skills required at a level to perform job duties.
• Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the personal outcomes of the individuals receiving services
• To implement the goals as written in the Community Habilitation Plan documenting the individual's current status in each goal area.
• To engage the individual in recreational and leisure time activities.
• To adhere to accepted practices and standards of AIM and in the field of developmental disabilities.
• To assure the continuous overall safety of the individual and environment in accordance with any documented safeguards.
• To assist with hygiene skills, toileting, behavioral supports, and money management as needed.
• Implement/supervise/document action plan for recreational and leisure time activities with the individual, and as applicable, behavior guidelines.
• To attend and demonstrate competency in all required in-service training.
• To attend all on-going trainings offered on an as needed basis.
• To have a working knowledge of emergency procedure, including incident reporting, as outlined by AIM and the primary care provider.
• Enhance and promote social interactions and community participation.
• Relate to individual with respect and dignity, providing a positive example/role model.
• To accompany and coordinate for the transportation of the individual as applicable.
• Work only those hours authorized by the agency.
• Flexibility of schedule to ensure individual care and services are being met.
• Enhance and promote social interactions and community participation such as assisting the individual with finding activities to participate in.