To provide for all aspects of proper care and maintenance to the various Agency sites as assigned. To ensure a safe environment for all residing and working in these facilities.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred. Previous experience considered in lieu of education.
- One year previous generalist maintenance experience required.
- Ability to prioritize work assigned and complete in a timely manner with quality workmanship the standard outcome.
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of general maintenance and upkeep including (but not limited to): painting, carpentry, lawn care/cleaning, basic home/appliance repairs, heating/AC, plumbing, electrical, sheet rocking/taping, and flooring.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently.
- Ability to organize and complete tasks in a cost effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Use and maintain Agency tools and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Ability to use your own transportation. Current, valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency insurance company standards. (Current/Valid insurance/registration if using own vehicle).
- Adherence to Agency policies, including attendance policy.
- Lifting of at least 50 pounds on a frequent basis, 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Pushing/pulling various items, including but not limited to appliances on dollies.
- Use of power and manual tools/equipment.
- Maintaining various positions for extended period of time based on task, i.e., painting, sheet-rocking, and repairs in basement crawlspaces.
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, airborne particles, grass, pollen.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful or demanding situations.
- Utilizing critical thinking skills in all situations to ensure all work and repairs are done to a high quality of care to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Responsible To: Director of Operations/Designee
- To ensure all safety laws, requirements and regulations are in compliance.
- To perform general maintenance/upkeep of AIM properties as assigned, i.e., painting, carpentry, patching, repairs, moving of furniture, electrical, plumbing, sheet rocking/taping, flooring, etc.
- To make recommendations for proper, cost effective upkeep of all homes and environments.
- To complete all work with a long term outcome the goal of all repairs completed (No short term, temporary fixes).
- Maintain the upkeep of agency tools and equipment with proper usage by taking meticulous care of the cleaning, repairing and replacing of items as needed.
- To complete Preventative Monthly Maintenance Checks in assigned homes and ensure needed work orders are generated and repair work is completed.
- To ensure all safety/emergency repairs are completed immediately.
- To be responsible for maintenance charges, i.e., credit cards, accounts, as required.
- To ensure upkeep of yards, i.e., mowing, raking, snow removal, etc.
- To ensure the proper care and use of Agency property and the belongings of others, i.e., cover things before painting, return furniture to proper place, proper storage, cleaning and maintenance of agency tools and equipment.
- To communicate all concerns, recommendations, etc. with Supervisor in an efficient manner.
- Flexibility in changing work hours to meet Agency needs.
- To submit accurate Work Order Completion Sheets as needed when repair work is completed.
- Mileage Sheets submitted weekly.
- To perform residential upkeep duties, including carpet cleaning, exterior house washing, etc.
- To perform Administrative upkeep duties as assigned.
- On-Call Duties as assigned.
- Any and all other related duties as assigned by supervisor.