This position offers a sign-on bonus of up to $1,500, a generous time-off policy and a 401(k) with up to 6% immediately vested employer match!
Come find out what makes 75 State Street so special!
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting. As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – both for our residents who rely on 75 State Street to provide a safe, supportive environment in which to age in place, and for our staff – without whom we could not maintain our stellar reputation for care and community. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and an outstanding work environment.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Driver is responsible for the provision for safe, reliable, and courteous transportation services for residents going to and from appointments or running errands.
This is a regular, part-time position with potential for additional hours.
Shift: Days, weekdays only
- Able to build and follow a prioritized daily schedule to meet resident transportation needs.
- Drive cautiously and respectfully to ensure the safety of residents; mitigate any safety risks.
- Navigate to various destinations with efficiency and comfort in mind.
- Participate in vehicle maintenance, including monitoring various vehicle functions in accordance with established procedures; maintain vehicle emergency supplies; and maintain the safety and cleanliness of exterior and interior of vehicle as needed.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Assist with resident transfers and ambulation as needed; provide wheelchair assistance as requested.
- Provide courteous and professional service to all residents; assist residents in entering and exiting vehicle safely.
- Cope with the stress of managing tight timetables, conflicting priorities, congested traffic or other frustrating traffic that may occur during route.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Comply with Mandatory Reporting to Adult Protective Services and Residential Care.
- Maintain a valid State of Maine Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Must be over the age of 21 years old.
- Valid PSS certification or ability to obtain within 120 days from date of hire.
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to residents, family, staff, and outside facilities and vendors.
- Ability to follow directions and accept supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to present a professional and welcoming appearance.
Avesta Housing offers excellent employee benefits to full and part time employees, including:
- health, dental, and vision plans, including free medical and dental coverage for full-time employees.
- flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 6% employer match (100% vested immediately)
- employer-paid life insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- free mental health counseling
- 7 paid holidays
- up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- generous earned time (PTO), starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- professional development assistance
- employee referral program
- tuition reimbursement