Over the past 30+ years, CRI has partnered with countless companies to create workplaces that become ecosystems for imagination, inspiration, and ideas.
In the landscape of ever-changing office design, we strive to create resilient workplaces that become launch pads for teams to feel excited, motivated and encouraged to do their best work.
Our expertise is built upon a solid foundation of workplace strategy and furniture design, project management, and client advocacy. We are passionate about our values and strive to be an example of excellence in all that we do.
Based in San Francisco, CRI is a top tier commercial furnishings consultancy focused on excellence in workplace strategy and design. The Project Manager provides overall project management for on-going corporate accounts (as required) as well as short- and long-term projects from inception to final close out. The role oversees, manages and coordinates all aspects of a project, from product specification, design consultation, budget management, and installation logistics and close-out. The role is responsible for managing the internal project team, coordinating and oversee all tasks and critical dates, customer and third-party relations, budget and deadline requirements and ultimately customer satisfaction.
This role is eligible for our Flexible Workplace policy, where there is an expectation to work from our San Francisco office 1 day a week.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Primary contact for all project related communications
- Work in tandem with Account Manager or Account Executive to set customer/project expectations and build customer relationships
- Analyze, plan, schedule and implement project requirements
- Establish overall project scope and lead internal project team to ensure a coordinated effort including directing, and often participating in the design and specification process, overseeing pricing and order entry, developing project timelines, and advanced micro schedules, coordinating onsite installations and punch list resolution
- Conduct team meetings to ensure all team members understand their role and work requirements
- Manage the project budget to include tracking actual vs. projected pricing, order revisions, changes to scope and change orders
- Manage the project schedule to ensure product is ordered, delivered and installed on time
- Consult with architects, designers, manufacturers, contractors, sub-contractors and end-users to assist with programming, clarify furniture specifications and technical questions, and resolve issues as they arise
- Attend project/construction meetings as required
- Manage accurate and detailed record keeping, including budgets, pricing summaries, project notes, changes/revisions, and customer approvals
- Manage all final project close-out requirements
- Act as a CRI brand ambassador in all internal and external interactions
- Other projects/tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field or 4+ years of Project Management experience
- Self-starting, solutions-oriented, energetic, analytical, strategic, creative and results-oriented with a strong background in project management
- Exceptional organizational, administrative and communication skills
- Knowledge of contract furniture industry or passionate about furniture/interior design, preferred
- Working knowledge of construction projects, furniture relocation and installation, trucking, installation labor, furniture manufacturing and shipping, building management and current workplace issues and trends
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, and sound judgment in the performance of business transactions, and commitment to providing an exceptional client experience
- Able to work effectively in a high pressure, deadline-intensive environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with people both within and outside the company
- Must be detailed, organized, flexible and service oriented with the ability to multi-task, problem solve and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF. Knowledge of MS Project and CAP 2020 is preferred
- Transportation is required, as time at client sites in the greater bay area may be required
Be a Good Human – Be kind, be respectful, be positive, have fun. We work hard, play hard and do the right thing.
Be the Best Teammate – Roll up your sleeves, share wins and losses, approach creative problem solving collaboratively, be a no-ego doer. Together we are a force to be reckoned with.
Be Inquisitive – Be engaged, find the why, value learning. Each day is a new opportunity to be better and put into practice the learning from the day before.
Be a Design Thinker – Have empathy, question, ideate and solve. We encourage design thinking in all facets of our business.
Be an Example of Excellence – Go above & beyond, show initiative, be proud. Expect the best of yourself and each other every day.
Be Authentic – Live our values with your personality. We want you to be you!