Supervise, with a team, students ranging in grades from PreK through fourth grade during after school hours (Monday through Friday, 3 until 6 p.m.), or select days outside this time range, as needed.
• Serve under a team director in facilitating daily activities for students
• Interact with students on the playground and in a classroom environment
• Aid in student homework completion (for students in grades first through fourth)
• Communicate needs or concerns to the Cub Care Director
• Exhibit proper authority to students and maintain an atmosphere of care and safety at all times
• Adhere to the bylaws, policies and procedures, and to all laws that govern the school and its actions
• Other responsibilities as assigned by administration
• Experience working with elementary-aged students in any capacity is preferred
• Shows dependability and reliability
In addition, the person should:
- Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ
- Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
- Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith
- Commit to exhibiting Whitefield’s core value for our students to experience diversity that reflects the body of Christ and support the school’s diversity vision that aims at unity in Christ
- Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture
- Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large
- Be actively involved in a local church
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will primarily take place in a classroom, and secondarily on the playground. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds often, up to 25 pounds intermittently, and up to 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds often, up to 25 pounds intermittently, and up to 50 pounds rarely; crawling rarely; sitting, kneeling, and crouching regularly; pushing/pulling, reaching, walking, standing, bending, and stooping often. To perform this job the person must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.