National Development (ND) is looking for a full-time commercial Building Engineer for our property management office located in Woburn, MA. The ideal candidate must be skilled in all areas of general maintenance and must be able to perform physical maintenance operations of the property.
As a Building Engineer, your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist Chief Engineer in the performance of all maintenance duties for the assigned portfolio. Conduct general site, building and mechanical room inspections to insure cleanliness, safety and environmental compliance of all systems and ensure all is maintained in a professional matter.
· Complete work orders as assigned by chief engineer and property administrator.
· Assist with the preventative maintenance programs. This shall include check-off lists, machinery history, safety inspection and test records.
· Assist the Chief Engineer with managing responsibilities for work performance of all building vendors including the scheduling, directing and oversight of the job performance of vendors and service contractors.
· Keep the Chief Engineer and Property Manager advised of all matters incidental to the operational status of all building systems.
· Respond to and report on emergency situations as needed.
You Create Value by:
· Being dedicated to our Tenants, Partners and Communities – working to exceed their expectations, resolve any issues, and strive to create an extraordinary experience.
· Being dedicated to ND – proactively manage issues, maintain a positive attitude and proudly represent ND’s professionalism and values.
· Being dedicated to your team - you roll up your sleeves and assist team members—no job is “below your pay grade”.
What You Bring to Us:
· Client service oriented attitude.
· Skilled in all areas of maintenance. Experience in commercial property management is preferred.
· Self-motivated, independent individual desired.
· Willingness to jump in, learn new tasks and systems.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills are mandatory.
What We Bring You:
National Development (www.natdev.com) is one of Boston’s leading real estate operating companies.
The firm develops, operates and invests in all major property types, including office, industrial, hospitality, retail, and housing, as well as healthcare-related properties (senior housing, medical office, research lab).
National Development offers a wide range of insurance options, programs and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Including:
· Comprehensive and affordable health plans
· Life insurance
· Employee wellness incentives
· Company-matched 401K
We want our team members to be happy and healthy, both personally and professionally. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters and health and wellness.
National Development is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.