Reporting to the Executive Director and working in conjunction with the Director of Programs, the primary responsibility of this position is to oversee the Community Health Corps (CHC) administrative and operational functions. These functions are but not limited to fiscal management, contracts, policy and procedures, procurements, data, and home repair services. This role is an integral part of the CHC, assisting with understanding quality, providing accountability as well as checks and balances within program services.
The Director of Operations – ideal candidate will have senior management experience in fast-paced work environments. The role requires outstanding organizational, communication, and leadership skills and an ability to develop innovative solutions. The Director of Operations will work closely with other leaders to achieve new levels of productivity and success for the CHC program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise the following CHC team members – Director of Data and Community Research, Senior Project Manager, Home Repair Manager, and the Supportive Services Coordinator.
· Work closely with the Executive Director and the Detroit at Work finance department staff for budget development, oversight, and monitoring of budget to actuals.
· Lead the development of the supportive services annual spending mechanism inclusive of workflows, approval process and expenditure line items.
· Work closely with Supportive Services Coordinator to monitor supportive services spending, routinely review approvals, provide approval for expenditures over $10K and ensure that all account payables invoices are submitted to the Detroit at Work finance team in a timely fashion for payment.
· Compile financial information for reports, dashboards, and presentations as well as grant audits and monthly/quarterly/annual reporting.
· Lead the development of RFP’s and RFQ’s for the procurement process, proposal review teams and contract negotiations.
· Lead the development of contracts and MOUs for partnerships, data sharing and other contractual related needs while working closely with the Detroit at Work Chief Administrative Officer, Contract Specialist and Legal Consultants.
· Develop, update, and maintain current policy and procedures to govern program operations such as but not limited to gas cards, program fleet usage, home repair services and supportive services expenditures.
· Work closely with the Home Repair Manager to oversee CHC Home Repair Services.
· Act as the lead point of contact for third party program evaluation efforts. Analyze program evaluation reports to determine areas for quality improvement and present solutions to the Director of Programs and Executive Director.
· Based on the City of Detroit – Mayor’s Office, Detroit at Work, Group Executive of Jobs and Economy and the CHC Executive Director’s strategy and vision provide conceptual direction for data collection, data analysis, dashboards and data presentations to the Director of Data and Community Research.
· Provide conceptual direction to the Senior Project Manager for process and quality improvements based on program evaluation results and internal service delivery data.
· Work across program roles to ensure grant and HIPPA compliance.
· Serve as a liaison between CHC and the Detroit at Work IT & Facilities Department. Act as the lead point of contract for all facilities related manners for the CHC office.
· Schedule and attend divisional, organization-wide, and other team related meetings to ensure information sharing and to assist with other organizational initiatives.
· Attend the Mayor’s Workforce Development Board, DESC Board, City Council, and other high level stakeholder meetings when requested.
· Other duties as needed.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
· Experience in non-profit operations management, administrative services, human services, and/or workforce development preferred.
· Exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and ability to appropriately interact with staff, participants, employers, and local stakeholders while maintaining effective working relationships.
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows environments, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
· Excellent problem-solving, public speaking, listening, and writing skills.
· Supervisory experience, directing both staff and client services.
· SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
· Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management.
· Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
· Ability to streamline or implement structures and roles that reduce risk in scaling operations quickly and support rapidly shifting business demands.
· Strength in managing, developing, and coaching individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control, and performance.
· Must be able to conduct research on a wide variety of data sources.
· Must have the ability to discern highly confidential materials and documents and maintain an appropriate filing system for all confidential materials.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and insured transportation – Position requires some field work
Background check and drug screen required
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.