Woodruff is looking for an ACCOUNT MANAGER to join our account service team. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and forward thinking, have a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses, be buttoned up on every detail, and decisive and accountable in their actions.
We need confidence, not cockiness — an entrepreneurial drive balanced with accountability. An active listener that can predict client needs, bring unexpected ideas to them and exceed their expectations all while managing teams, budgets and timelines. You must be market savvy and have a thirst for knowing more. Same goes with your approach to marketing communications.
Bottom line, we are committed to delivering extraordinary outcomes and driving growth for our clients and each other. To be part of this mission, you must have production agriculture experience, 5+ years of agency experience and a B.A. or B.S. degree.
This person could work out of the Kansas City, MO, Columbia, MO, or Minneapolis, MN.
Woodruff is a team of transformational thinkers that exists to deliver extraordinary outcomes for each other and our clients.
The account service team is indispensable.
We listen intently, keep our minds open to new ideas and boldly welcome challenges with enthusiasm and flexibility — you never know where you’ll find fresh opportunity or a chance to experiment. We learn about our clients, their industries, goals, strengths and weaknesses, and work tenaciously to become valued partners they can count on. We trust in what we know and jump into the things we don’t with calculated courage and gusto. We have a thing for figuring it out.
At Woodruff, our account managers take transformational thinking to the next level. The approach goes beyond a point A to point B process and is driven by a 360-degree look at the potential problems and solutions. Account managers’ abilities to be open-minded and forward thinking make them a valuable resource to both client and internal teams. Often the go-to team member on market knowledge and competitor intelligence, account managers are comfortable with clients and peers alike. This combination of knowledge and accountability makes them the heartbeat of the team.
Our account managers are committed to doing the best thing and not the easiest, which allows us to drive growth for our clients. Whether kicking off a campaign with the team, developing a strategic plan or presenting a new brand direction, clarity is key. They like to share, early and often. They empower clients and team members with industry knowledge and unique insights that guide strategy and push everyone involved to deliver unexpected, thoughtful and extraordinary outcomes.
Client Relations & Business Growth
• Builds strong, trusting relationships with client contacts.
• Gains an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, including goals and objectives, products, markets, industry and distribution.
• Proactively communicates with internal teams and clients regarding project expectations, deliverables, budget and status. Acts as the steward of the budget.
• Tracks client competitor activity, including media exposure and strategy, social media presence, content marketing efforts, online presence, new products and changes within competitors’ business and industry.
• Stays informed and up to date on industry trends and proactively shares relevant information with agency staff and clients.
• Guides the development of effective marketing and advertising strategies and plans, outstanding communications, and the assurance of high standards in all work.
• Presents agency proposals, strategic plans and unexpected solutions to a wide range of existing and new client audiences.
Team Leadership and Supervision
• Delegates, coordinates and monitors the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects. Escalates to senior staff members as project objectives or issues warrant.
• Provides day-to-day supervision of account executive and account coordinator.
• Assists in new staff orientation and onboarding process.
• Partners with account supervisor to manage and motivate the team, coach junior team members and ensure teams have the resources they need to work together effectively.
• Positively communicates performance expectations and provides transparent, fair and real-time feedback to direct reports.
• Works with direct reports to establish professional goals and identify activities to achieve those goals.
• Demonstrates the Woodruff brand internally and externally.
• Organizes projects and client information in a timely and logical manner and communicates clearly to internal teams and clients.
• Understands and follows Woodruff operational processes to ensure projects stay on track. Works closely with multiple internal teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and reflect Woodruff and client standards. Uses online project tracking software to communicate with internal teams.
• Participates in agency organic growth efforts by identifying and communicating new ideas to clients that will help them meet their objectives and grow their business.
• Develops documents that guide projects internally, including job input forms and creative briefs.
• Prepares input documents and participates in planning sessions and subsequent plan development activities as requested by team members.
• Tracks project scope and budget progress and maintains close communication with supervisor and client.
• Reviews and proofs media plans and distributes insertion and materials due dates to internal teams.
• Proactively seeks out opportunities to contribute to agency efforts as requested, supports team members and grows business.
• Participates in agency projects as requested. Carries out action items assigned, follows through and reports on outcomes to supervisor or other project stakeholders.
• Adopts and demonstrates Woodruff’s brand, purpose, core value and leader behaviors daily by demonstrating them in all internal and external interactions. Builds and maintains relationships by collaborating with and trusting team members.
• Develops meeting agendas and facilitates meetings; comes well prepared and ready to lead and contribute. Develops contact and status reports as needed.
• Drafts scope of work descriptions and helps provide accurate and detailed information to develop pricing.
• Works with project management and production to develop project timelines to share with team members and client. Monitors timeline progress and proactively raises concerns.
• Manages status reports and leads status meetings with teams.
• Reviews billing statements and prepares explanations and recaps for clients.
• Develops documents, spreadsheets and presentations and enters information into a variety of formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps, Keynote, etc.