Objectives of this Role
- Responsible for providing project planning and management of projects.
- Ensure projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget.
- Employ industry experience to improve all aspects of project planning and resource management.
- Meet ESS’s quality standards while maintaining working knowledge of relevant technologies and best practices.
- Be a ‘single point of contact’ for the customer throughout the life of a project, and manage information flow and expectations, internal and external.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing projects from award through site acceptance under project management framework to include the following:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and goals. Work with all the teams and leaders to define scope of work, goals and dates.
- Develop project plans that coordinate resource and budgetary needs.
- Create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines, and allocating resources to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects.
- Identify and manage potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects.
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Manage deadlines and push the team to ensure timeliness.
- Assign, prioritize, and supervise project tasks (task management).
- Manage communication with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements and business needs.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Host regular project team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Serve as a point of contact for teams to ensure team actions are managed.
- Analyze, plan, and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects.
- Manage, and maintain, all project documents.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project.
- Communicate with business leadership to keep the project aligned with their goals.
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Track project performance using appropriate KPIs, metrics, tools, and techniques.
- Responsible for maintaining project management process to ensure process, tools, and resources are maintained and trained to manage projects under framework.
- Support any other project related activities for other internal projects as needed (i.e. R&D projects).
- Report to management regularly on status of projects and concern around schedules/teams.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business or related technical field required.
- 5+ years of experience in a design-build manufacturing environment as a project manager.
- Professional Project Management Certification.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making.
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
- Experienced user with Microsoft Office (MS Project, Smartsheet, Dynamics, etc.)
- Experienced with use of SharePoint.
- Ability to operate computer.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse, and telephone. Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications. Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and transaction documents.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform climbing, stooping, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Executing up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Close mental and visual requirements needed to perform work dealing primarily with Engineering, management, and manufacturing.
- Ability to plan, schedule, train, check and evaluate work.
- Ability to troubleshoot (electrical/ programs/machine).
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
All employees are responsible for product quality and are required to understand and follow quality system procedures. All employees have the responsibility, organizational freedom, and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
About ESS Technologies & Pacteon
ESS Technologies, Inc. is part of the Pacteon group which also includes Schneider Packaging Equipment Co., Inc. and Phoenix Wrappers. Pacteon Group’s purpose is to automate the supply of life’s products. We believe and live our Core Values, our iPact:
Integrity – Trust makes everything more efficient, build trust through honesty and transparency
Pride – Know that we will live the Pacteon Promise for our customers, selves, owners and communities
Accountable – Say what we do and do what we say
Customer Focus – We listen with purpose, respond with urgency and deliver with quality
Teamwork – Together everyone accomplishes more
Our Pacteon Promise is that “We make it right”. As our customer’s one source for end of line packaging solutions, everyone plays an important role to make that happen. For more information on Pacteon, please visit pacteon.com.