The role of Inventory/Cost Accountant supports day-to-day accounting functions by providing timely and accurately reported financial information while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The ideal candidate will have a focus on inventory, costs, and areas where operational and management accounting principles will generate efficiencies for the operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with operations and manufacturing to manage potential inventory exposures.
- Conduct reviews for inventory-related General Ledger accounts.
- Maintain proper Internal Controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Monitor and report purchase price variances, labor efficiency variances, and manufacturing variances, etc.
- Monitor physical inventory counts of raw materials, packaging, finished goods, and spare parts ensuring adherence to company policy.
- Perform various general accounting activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare and analyze price comparisons of raw and packaging materials.
- Support operations by monitoring, preparing, and evaluating detailed analytical reports – e.g., costs, productivity, efficiencies, spend, associates variances, etc.
- Work alongside operations to provide actional operating and process improvements for cost efficiencies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Excellent written & verbal Communication Skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Self-Sufficient; High Initiative
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.