The role of Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for producing accurate vendor invoices & payments, managing the approval process, AP file maintenance, and the timely posting of the general ledger.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with ADHOC projects.
- Apply all vendor payments post bank transmission and forward remittances to Vendors.
- Communicate with internal and external correspondents regarding invoices, inquiries, discrepancies, and status payments.
- Enter bills on time with proper GL Accts, classifications, and descriptions.
- Ensure vendor invoices are approved prior to payment in accordance with company policy.
- Liaise with Operations Team to investigate purchase price variances.
- Manage account statements and other account payment discrepancies.
- Serve as a liaison between departments and vendors to resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Manage full cycle Accounts Payable.
- Manage vendor account statements
- Research issues associated with vendor payments and serve as a liaison between internal departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries
- Manage communication process regarding invoices, inquiries, and discrepancies, and payment status with internal and external correspondents
- Maintain an accurate Accounts Payable aging report that aligns with the General Ledger at the end of each month.
- Maintain accurate Accounts Payable aging report and prepare weekly/monthly commentary on all overdue balances (60+ days).
- Prepare weekly payment requirement reports with all supporting documents.
- Review and process all vendor bills- suppliers (3 way match)
- Verify vendors’ bank details prior to payment transaction.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in full cycle Accounts Payable
- B.A. preferably in Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (advanced in Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills and commitment to quality, accuracy, and problem-solving
- Team-oriented with ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional and positive manner
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.