Girl Scouts of South Carolina – Mountains to Midlands council is the largest organization serving girls in South Carolina. The council has a current membership of close to 6,000 girls, more than 2,500 volunteers and a staff of 40 (plus an additional 30+ seasonally). Girl Scouting is the largest organization for girls in the world. Our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. Through activities in outdoor, STEM, Life Skills, and Entrepreneurship, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
- Plan, organize, develop, and manage all aspects of assigned signature girl programs and events, which specifically includes older girl programming.
- Ensure high quality program experiences that lead to girl and volunteer retention.
- Ensure program delivery is in adherence with Council Volunteer Policies and Procedures, Safety Activity Checkpoints, Blue Book of Basic Documents, and guidelines included in the National Program Portfolio and all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Oversee the council’s highest awards process (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) by providing leadership to volunteer committees, coordinating awards presentations, implementing established procedures to process award applications, providing comprehensive training and enrichment opportunities to award candidates, and by collaborating with the marketing department to continue to enhance the visibility and recognition of the awards.
- Effectively manage communication and paperwork regarding highest awards, which includes maintaining a list of candidates, guiding candidates through the process, and providing superior customer service in response to inquiries and concerns.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual Highest Awards Ceremony, including communicating with staff, families, and award recipients, securing a location, working with vendors, planning the schedule, and working with the marketing team to create the program materials.
- Responsible for coordinating the Girl Scout Destinations program at a council level and overseeing council, grant, or donor-sponsored travel for older girls.
- Strategically expand and work alongside key community partners and identify additional revenue or in-kind donor sources that support the Council’s program delivery and revenue goals.
- Recruit, develop, and support a team of program volunteers to support delivery and execution of girl programming and travel.
- Work collaboratively with staff colleagues for the membership recruitment, program delivery and outcome reporting for council grant funded programs on an as needed basis.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing staff colleagues to ensure timely, clear and effective marketing strategies for all programs that support the Council’ s participation and revenue goals.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and seeks opportunities to provide customer satisfaction.
- Assists in the smooth functioning of the council by performing other duties as assigned, including support for summer camp, weekend programming, and/or large council events.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required and a minimum 3 years related experience (i.e. Girl Scouts, youth development, event planning).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a strong culture of exceeding performance expectations and provide an exceptional experience for our customers.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, while managing multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation and implementation of successful large-scale events.
- Demonstrated experience in working with grants and program budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer recruitment, retention and management.
- Proficient communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to create reports and presentations for a variety of audiences and deliver both virtual and in-person trainings.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Salesforce and or other database support system preferred.
- Ability to access and effectively leverage new opportunities to promote the mission of Girl Scouts, as well as the ability to understand community forces and sustainable relationships.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends; ability for domestic and international travel as job requires.
- Must have personal transportation and the ability to drive; possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license, maintain personal auto insurance meeting council insurance company’s requirement for coverage, and submit to drug test and background search.
- Upon hire, must hold personal membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
We offer rich, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits that includes Council covering 85% of the employee costs (dependent coverage is also offered at employee’s expense). The council pays for the short and long-term disability plans as well as a life insurance policy. Other offerings include supplemental life and a 401(k) plan. We have a generous PTO accrual package with holidays and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)