As our Accounts Payable Specialist, you will assist the accounting team by processing accounts payable for all entities, including entering invoices, coding the general ledger, cutting and mailing checks, and ensuring that invoices are paid timely, and are recorded properly. Our team is different, we get to work on a variety of activities and support multiple entities at Merchants, so no day is ever the same. If this sounds exciting to you, please APPLY TODAY!
After one year as our Accounts Payable Specialist, you'll know you were successful if you...
- Receive invoices, code, and pay
- Understand accounting periods, and recognize the need for accrual accounting
- Work with others in the department, be part of the accounting team
- Assist with expense report reimbursements for Merchants employees in BankTel
What we are looking for...
- Two to 5 years experience in a similar role
- Minimum high school diploma
- Strong organization skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.