As our Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for daily and monthly accounting for multiple entities rolling up to Merchants Bancorp. A successful candidate will be able to account for daily activity, reconcile bank and other ledger accounts, understand accounting relationships within the various areas of the bank, research issues as they arise, and communicate effectively with other team members and with resources in other departments. Additionally, the candidate should be able to provide insight to process improvement and control deficiencies as applicable to the job duties assigned. If this sounds exciting to you, please APPLY TODAY!
After one year as our Staff Accountant, you'll know you were successful if you...
- independently prepare day-to-day and month-end journal entries as assigned
- complete daily balancing of certain ledger accounts and cash
- complete monthly account reconciliations as assigned
- have a basic understanding of various components of bank and lending operations
- provide support for other team members as necessary.
What we are looking for...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 2-4 years of prior accounting experience
- Microsoft Suite – prior use of and strength in excel in particular
- Flexibility, Professionalism, and Attention to Detail are all critical qualities
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.