THIS IS A WEEKEND POSITION ONLY
**** We are a NYS Healthcare Workers Bonus Employer – you could be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses ****
PLEASE READ: Training is in our Saratoga Springs main office before moving to your work location. We are looking to hire people to work in the following cities: Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa, South Glens Falls, and Gansevoort.
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) provides care and support to people of diverse abilities. The DSP will assist each individual in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential by promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth and personal choice. The DSP will implement each person’s personal plan of care, which may include activities of daily living, such as bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding and assisting with transportation. The DSP will possess a professional, patient (tolerant) understanding manner and work to maintain a calm, kind, caring and safe environment for the people we serve in their home and the community.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred; background experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- AMAP Certification (training provided)
- SCIP Certification (training provided)
- Program specific training (provided)
- Valid NYS Drivers License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards/depending on program needs. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
- To implement, and document each person’s total plan of care encouraging maximum independence and self-worth.
- To provide, encourage, assist, and supervise the persons served in personal care and activities of daily living, while respecting the privacy and dignity of each person.
- To perform, and / or assist in the day to day operation of the people’s home including meal preparation, inventory, laundry, housekeeping duties, infection control, and purchase of supplies, etc. while actively involving the people served to the greatest degree possible.
- To perform medical/health related functions while adhering to AMAP policy, including working with the Health Coordinator and the administration of medications and treatment upon satisfactory completion of the AMAP course. Implements and carries out prescribed therapies or treatments as ordered by licensed Physicians, nursing staff, and/or therapists.
- To transport and/or escort people to program, medical, dental, and other appointments as needed.
- To accompany people and assist them in participating in the community and enjoy community activities.
- To comply with all state, federal and agency policies, procedures, regulations as indicated by OPWDD.
- To maintain all records of people served, ensuring filing, accuracy, compliance, updating.
- To operate agency vehicles in compliance with agency policies/procedures, and traffic laws, ensuring, documenting vehicle maintenance/condition.
- Responsible for individual funds and petty cash. To provide for the appropriate use of individual/agency property/equipment.
- To assist in the coordination/participation/communication, documentation of a person’s meeting.
- To maintain a calm, tolerant, kind, courteous, accepting environment in compliance with the person’s service plan and plan of protective oversight, while in the person’s home and community.
- To provide, ensure a safe work/living environment including compliance with all safety policies/procedures and regulations.
- To attend any trainings, meetings, updates medical requirements necessary/required. To acquire and maintain all required certifications in accordance with agency policy. Attend and participate in staff meetings on a regular basis and assure attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- To perform behavior management (SCIP) when necessary, using appropriate techniques and in compliance with policy and behavior plans.
- To foster community inclusion by involving the individual(s) in the planning and implementation of recreational and leisure activities.
- Remain aware/respectful of the individuals’ rights and responsibilities; immediately reporting any concerns or issues of potential harm, mistreatment or rights restriction.
- Work at any/all residences, upon request, throughout the agency to assure appropriate coverage and assist when the need arises.
- Participate as an active member of the individuals’ program team.
- Flexibility of schedule to ensure individual care and program implementation.
- Any and all other related duties as requested by supervisor.