This Copywriter should possess an understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and be able to communicate brand objectives to authentically connect with audiences. This position requires a highly detailed, creative thinker with excellent storytelling abilities and a love for life sciences, research, and annotation. This role will help craft bold and evocative marketing messages, promotional-only training materials, and digital content that engages and influences sales teams, HCPs, patients and their caregivers.
The role of a copywriter is influenced by the demands of fast-paced agency life with equal importance on creativity, being on-brand, on-time, and aligned with regulatory guidelines and processes. Detail and organization matter in regulatory submissions to achieve efficient approvals.
As a vital marketing team member, you’ll need to translate complex details of various therapeutic areas and thoroughly understand each client’s industry, their products/services, brand guidelines, and marketing goals.
Expect to work closely with the client services, strategy team, and designers for project intake, brainstorming ideas, execution, and presentations. Key stakeholder interviewing skills will be required. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style and a curious mind.
Support editorial team by performing daily tasks, including but not limited to:
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of client-related industry trends
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Understand and follow regulatory standards and requirements for successful submissions
- Follow best practices for annotations
- Identify copyrighted material that requires permission for reproduction; process permission request when required
- Effectively use company project management and communication software
- Attend kickoff, status, and other job-related meetings
- Incorporate client feedback and collaborate with the team to address
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creativity from concepts through execution
- Research and understand the clients’ needs and target audiences, through an online search, review of existing research, and interviews with subject matter experts
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials; use references and annotations as needed
- Collaborate with a team of client service managers, strategists, and creative staff on timelines, allocated resources, and creative execution
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to the internal team, and to the client as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Participate in the regulatory responsibilities and requirements to gain asset approvals
Personal Qualities for Success in This Job
- Communicate effectively, including active listening and taking direction
- Manage complexity and recognize when to ask questions
- Resourcefulness, particularly with knowledge application and problem-solving
- Customer focus, mainly by learning how to anticipate customer needs
- Ensure accountability, by following through and taking responsibility
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years of professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work; Healthcare/Pharma experience a plus
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing, and organizing, with attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Familiarity with standard software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat
XCH will not employ or engage in a business relationship with debarred or excluded persons pursuant to the Generic Drug Enforcement Act of 1992, 21 U.S.C. §335a, as amended, or any similar state law or regulation, excluded by the Office of Inspector General pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1320a-7, et seq., or any state agency from participation in any Federal or state health care program or otherwise disqualified or restricted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration pursuant to 21 C.F.R. 312.70 or any other regulatory authority or employ any person or entity listed on the General Services Administration's List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs or on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General's List of Excluded Individuals/Entities
NOTICE OF INTERVIEW FRAUD TO ALL XCH CANDIDATES — XCH WILL NEVER CONDUCT AN INTERVIEW OVER TEXT OR DIRECT MESSAGING OR OFFER A JOB THIS WAY. This is a scam to obtain banking information to defraud the candidate illegally. If you are contacted for interviews via text or are suspicious of the method of contact, immediately disengage and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.