The Intervention Specialist is responsible for educating the Community on the latest information on HIV and PrEP education and advancements. Communication skills, public speaking is plus, and working as a team player and able to maintain individual records of community efforts. This person’s main population target will be African American men (ages 13- seniority). To provide comprehensive integrated services that promote healthier sexual behaviors. To assist the Syracuse Community to improve health outcomes for Men of Color, MSM at risk for HIV infection and / or transmission. This person will conduct the following interventions: Voices/Voces, C.L.E.A.R., Healthy Relationships, Some HIV Navigation (HNS), Testing, Intervention Delivered to Individuals, & Harm Reduction. At times this individual will assist with planning and implementing Community Mobilization events.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide group/individual intervention services by involving a wide range of other service agencies in the area.
- Collect and compile outreach, education, and group/individual level intervention data and enter AIRS data reporting system
- Maintain accurate and confidential statistics using HIV/AIDS program reports (internal & external)
- Participate in AIDS Institute trainings and conference calls
- Engage in group facilitation and intervention trainings to ensure competency in implementation
- Create individual client service plans
- Maintain a working knowledge of local and regional social service agencies/health providers
- Help manage the programs social media campaign to assist in intervention recruitment
- Submit on time monthly reports to Program Data Coordinator
- Complete required paperwork and comply with HIPAA/confidentiality guidelines
- Distribute prevention supplies
- Complete all reporting forms in a timely and accurate manner
- Support agency events
- Abide by a strict code of confidentiality in all matters related to the position
- Attend meetings, workshops and training seminars as required
- Perform all other related and additional duties as required
A minimum of High School Diploma with at least 3 years’ experience in the Human Service field, Prefer an Associates degree.
Previous Experience Requirement
Experience working underprivileged or vulnerable communities is required. Experience with outreach and education is strongly encouraged.
Knowledge and Skills Needed to Perform Effectively in this Position
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must possess and emit positive energy and the ability to remain motivated.
- Above average communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to acquire and maintain a body of human resources knowledge sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
- Must have the ability to seek external assistance when needed to obtain that body of knowledge.
- PC skills to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint; HRIS software, email, and Internet research.
- Ability to travel locally or out-of-state as needed.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and attend meetings and other events evenings and potentially weekends.