SUMMARY: The Summer Camp Counselor is responsible for planning and leading fun and active programs for children in a group setting. They will also be responsible for the general safety of all participants.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
SCHEDULE: Need someone who is available Monday – Friday between the hours of 6am – 6pm.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include sports, crafts, swimming and various field trips.
- Create and implement a weekly schedule for your camp group.
- Enforce facility rules and understand emergency procedures to ensure safety of all participants.
- Maintain constant supervision of all kids in the program.
- Develop positive relationships with camp participants to personalize the experience.
- Identify and respond properly to camper behavior issues.
- Communicate positively and professionally when responding to issues such as complaints, comments or suggestions from parents and report any concerns to Management.
- Complete and maintain accurate camp records including attendance log and incident reports.
- Develop positive, team-oriented relationships and communication with other counselors and Four Seasons staff.
- Attend and participate in required staff meetings.
- Cooperate with other camp counselors and staff and display a pleasant attitude in all interactions.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Smile and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Must be 16 years old.
- Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation or working with children.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize and implement program activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the policies, practices, and procedures of the facility.
- CPR/AED certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met as an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, swimming, hiking, canoeing, team building, physical games and activities.
- Perform essential program support which may include sitting, reaching, crouching, kneeling and lifting.
- Must be capable of carrying loads of up to 90 pounds and able to travel.
- Able to communicate with staff, members, and others in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities including the second floor and basement, as needed.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings, using cleaning and maintenance equipment. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools, exercise areas, chemicals, and other cleaning supplies. Is occasionally exposed to bodly fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures. Frequently works varying hours and days.