CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
CloudBees is looking for a US Federal Solution Architect based in the Eastern or Central United States to join the CloudBees technical sales organization supporting our US Federal sales ecosystem. This role is meaningful for our sales organization. The position involves working side-by-side with the sales teams, uncovering and developing opportunities by articulating the technical options for potential customers. While this role requires technical depth and awareness, this is a presales position. The hybrid nature of this role requires both pre & post sales conversations, both technical and strategic, to ensure success within the CloudBees customer base. The role carries a quota and directly impacts the revenue of the company. The ideal candidate will have been involved in Agile Software Development, DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery, or feature flag space with solid listening skills. Prior technical sales positions, US Government, government consulting, or prior DevSecOps field experience, would be helpful.
This role is an outstanding opportunity for a Solution Architect to architect and position the future of software delivery, while working closely with recognized professionals in the continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevSecOps markets.
This will be a REMOTE position with some travel required, primarily around Washington DC and nationwide US Federal Government facilities (depending on the current global COVID situation).
What You'll Do
- Become an authority on everything related to modern software delivery, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Release Orchestration, and DevOps.
- Understand our products, competitors, value proposition, and positioning.
- Connect and work with our customers directly and become a technical advisor showcasing the capabilities of our products (presentations, demos, workshops, technical validations).
- Discover and understand the customer's digital transformation journey and the impact of our products and services.
- Work with our product team to identify product priorities discovered in field engagements.
- Staff trade shows when appropriate.
- Act as a trusted advisor, understand our customer's business pain, and showcase our products' positive business outcomes.
- Be an active part of the team, give opportunity reviews, build technical champions, and clearly understand the sales cycle.
- Deliver outstanding presentations, workshops, and webinars while handling objections.
- Engage with every area of the customer's organization - up to C-level.
- Mentor, coach, and enable your colleagues.
Who You Are
- You enjoy working in the field, working with customers, and solving technical challenges while understanding the business impact.
- You have a strongtechnical background and the motivation to constantly improve your sales engineering skills.
- You are hard-working, and enjoy working with people and crafting relationships.
- You are familiar with software development, delivery, infrastructure, or operations
- You have hands-on experience with agile software development and/or Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Feature Flagging or other DevOps standard methodologies.
- Experience with a high volume of prospects/customers and balancing priorities across accounts.
- Knowing Jenkins, and having used it in your past, is an excellent plus (we are the main contributor to this excellent open-source project).
- Experience with other DevSecOps related technologies such as artifact management, source code management, Docker, IasC, code analysis, testing, artifact scanning, and cloud service providers.
We’re invested in you!
We offer competitive benefits packages, opportunities for professional development, and more. We also offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.