Our ideal candidate is someone who is excited to become a part of an awesome, fast-growing team and must display these three top (required) skills:
1. Ability to grow & learn new things in a fast-paced environment
2. Analytical in nature as Excel is a native language, and able to take large data sets and see signal from the noise
3. Understands the business planning cycle, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and analyzing
General Position Summary:
Looking for a talented, dynamic Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team. The position requires a highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter to partner with business leaders and support financial planning, forecasting, and analysis activities across the organization. You will contribute to the success of the organization by being a hands-on contributor who creates actionable insights through financial and operational analysis and reporting. This is a great opportunity to learn rapidly, implement ideas, be challenged, and grow alongside an organization that is consistently focused on its people and delivering solid growth. Key deliverables include providing accurate and timely monthly financial reporting, supporting the annual budgeting cycle, long range financial and strategic planning, and the development and prioritization of strategic initiatives.
• Medical, FSA & HSA, Dental, Vision + More!
• 401k - 100% vested once you start contributing. Generous company match!
• Regular employee health, wellness & engagement activities!
• Pet Insurance, because fur babies are important to us too!
As one of the pre-eminent Lending as a Service (LaaS) companies, Vervent sets the global standard for outperformance by delivering superior expertise, future-built technology, and meaningful services. We support our industry-leading partners with primary strategic services including Loan & Lease Servicing, Call Center Services, Backup Servicing/Capital Markets Support, Credit Card Servicing, and Card Marketing & Customer Acquisition. Vervent empowers companies to accelerate business, drive compliance, and maximize service.
If you’re interested in reviewing the full job description, continue reading below…
In this role, you will have the opportunity to participate in the following activities:
- Perform analysis on financial statement elements, evaluating budget variances to understand key business trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor key trends, headcount, capital expenditures and operating expenses
- Develop reporting packages and presentations to executives and other key personnel.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis for department leaders and executive staff
- Track expenses for the entire company, while working closely with the accounting team to ensure accuracy of entries
- Tracking KPIs and preparing financial reports.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Partner with business units to analyze and identify key drivers of risks and opportunities to help maintain an accurate read on quarterly forecast
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Ensure high quality deliverables by thoroughly validating work product and independently problem-solving root cause issues.
- Identify and implement changes to continually improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of planning & analysis activities.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses at the request of senior executives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Math, Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years’ relevant experience in financial analysis.
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision and with others in a team environment, occasionally under time pressure and on several tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, management team, other Departments, vendors, and outside agencies, including being sensitive to professional ethics.
- A core financial skillset in order to be able to synthesize large sets of financial data and to build complex financial models
- The ability to translate the above into recommendations
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine risks and opportunity areas
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.